+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jack Walton Starts

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    On paper yes it's not bad mate, rather like Mr Morais association with big name managers :-/
    Yes not a bad squad on paper. That's why I can't be totally doom and gloom.

So we all still think Davies is going to be our best keeper ?. Hes got a long way to go to get back to that level again.
    I would try to tempt Hammill to stay another season or two, and Id offer Aston Villa something for Gardner. Not much admittedly but Id see if they and he was interested in joining us long term.

I think with Gardner it will be down to wages. I'd jettison a few to pay them mind.

I expected better from Mahoney in the short time we had him, but hes been used very inconsistently and none of this squad can learn anything can they, with such ridiculous bad man management.
    Gardner might be a good addition but I hate the fact that we insisted on BOTH him & Williams together for all that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Yes not a bad squad on paper. That's why I can't be totally doom and gloom.

I agree Steve that the players wouldn't be out of place in league one but what I'm all doom and gloom abart is the recruitment committee. They'll bring in footballers who simply don't knit together, they'll bring in a new head coach (assuming jose jacks in) who knows nowt abart lower leagues.

Thaz just got to look at ar many substandard midfielders goat hair brought in last summer. Joke, absolute joke. We didnt sign a recognised striker in the summer when it was clearly crying art for one. ( my choice would've been Niuhu, then in the Wednesday reserves and clearly art of favour with carlos). We totally fuqed up the Mcburnie deal in August leaving Hecky shafted for options up front.

We had an uninspiring January transfer window. Our head coach then fecks off to leeds. The board then surpass themselves by appointing a go for with no experience of championship football in our bid to stave off relegation. These are crucial decisions that have put us further into the mire in my opinion. There's been no balance to the squad and that is through amateur judgement and too many changes in personnel during the summer. How can any professional football head coach be expected to work properly in these circumstances?

On paper yes we can compete but the whole structure of the club is wrong from the boardroom darnwards. With such ineptitude how can we be expected to challenge for automatic promotion? A tell thi mate, we may do a Sunderland wi these plant pots in charge of things. Saying they're clueless is being kind to the feckers

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I agree Steve that the players wouldn't be out of place in league one but what I'm all doom and gloom abart is the recruitment committee. They'll bring in footballers who simply don't knit together, they'll bring in a new head coach (assuming jose jacks in) who knows nowt abart lower leagues.

Thaz just got to look at ar many substandard midfielders goat hair brought in last summer. Joke, absolute joke. We didnt sign a recognised striker in the summer when it was clearly crying art for one. ( my choice would've been Niuhu, then in the Wednesday reserves and clearly art of favour with carlos). We totally fuqed up the Mcburnie deal in August leaving Hecky shafted for options up front.

We had an uninspiring January transfer window. Our head coach then fecks off to leeds. The board then surpass themselves by appointing a go for with no experience of championship football in our bid to stave off relegation. These are crucial decisions that have put us further into the mire in my opinion. There's been no balance to the squad and that is through amateur judgement and too many changes in personnel during the summer. How can any professional football head coach be expected to work properly in these circumstances?

On paper yes we can compete but the whole structure of the club is wrong from the boardroom darnwards. With such ineptitude how can we be expected to challenge for automatic promotion? A tell thi mate, we may do a Sunderland wi these plant pots in charge of things. Saying they're clueless is being kind to the feckers
    Top post pass , nail hit firmly on the head with a very large hammer .

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    So we all still think Davies is going to be our best keeper ?. Hes got a long way to go to get back to that level again.
    I would try to tempt Hammill to stay another season or two, and Id offer Aston Villa something for Gardner. Not much admittedly but Id see if they and he was interested in joining us long term.

Agree with that Acido

Gardner would have to take an almighty pay cut to join us

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Agree with that Acido
    Tahh Exile, but I wish it was a nice and positive thing you were agreeing with, instead of me going off on another relegation rant!!.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234