+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Club Is An Absolute Joke

I cant blame Jose for having to produce gold from a pile of tin foil (and thats me being decent there).
    But hes clueless as to what predicament we're in and his comments are beyond interesting, they are now just simply pathetic. And even more annoyingly hes doing the 'its not my fault' thing, he wants to pass the blame onto somebody else it seems.
    If our loyal fans who made the effort and spent their money to go are chanting Jose out, then good on them and lets hope it will happen soon.
    Matty, thats interesting what you posted to G.G, but I bet he doesnt even bother replying to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I cant blame Jose for having to produce gold from a pile of tin foil (and thats me being decent there).
    But hes clueless as to what predicament we're in and his comments are beyond interesting, they are now just simply pathetic. And even more annoyingly hes doing the 'its not my fault' thing, he wants to pass the blame onto somebody else it seems.
    If our loyal fans who made the effort and spent their money to go are chanting Jose out, then good on them and lets hope it will happen soon.
    Matty, thats interesting what you posted to G.G, but I bet he doesnt even bother replying to it.
    What I find really strange is that we appear to be 'saving' some of the what I assume he thinks ar the better players for a 'big' game - as if the last 2 weren't big enough. It wasn't inconceivable that from the last 2 away games we could've got 3 points, especially against 2 sides with nowt to play for. It's concerning that 2 sides with nothing to play for show more desire than a team fighting for its life.

Onto this system, I'm no football coach but when you play 2 forwards high up similar to an old inside left/right and your full backs push on and can't be arsed getting back then there is is going to be acres of space free in the channel for runners on the counter attacks. Ive not looked at the stats but I think we have lost our last 5 or 6 away on the spin - this system has been found out by the opposition. 3-5-2 for the last 2 games and get bloody mallan in. Yes he did a bad pass 40 yards out against millwall - check yiadoms throw in out though and criticise him as well- but he also was the only one offering any creativity in midfield.

JM has inherited an awful, no confidence group but with better tactics and less personnel changes each game I'm sure we could've scraped together 6 more points during his tenure

Relegation will at least tell us one thing and thats the intensions of the owners, if they don't set their stall out for automatic promotion then the future of our club looks bleak.
    we've had poor squads in the past but I've never seen one with as little fight in them as this set of players you only had to look at the lack of celebration at the Leeds equaliser to see that some players couldn't give a toss if they went down or not.
    Major surgery is needed for next season but I don't see Morais as the man for the job. Foreign managers are not a good fit for a club like Barnsley.

Well i do blame JM. The players have not been good enough this season, but the tactics this manager has employed shows him up, the manager takes responsibility for the players and performances the buck stops wi him. We been down since xmas really. Should bin JM now and work like billyoil to get a replacement in for the summer.

Well one things for sure thanks to Hecky we've a squad full of sh1te no one else will want. However, that squad is way too big for league 1. It will need a revamp and cutting drastically to conform with ffp.

I think if we get another manager in for the close season our best 11 will do ok but this squad is well short of Championship quality.

Morais needs handing his coat and let Harsley Disco and sir bobby take the last 2 games, think someone else suggested it and a cant see it bein any worse than it is already

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Well one things for sure thanks to Hecky we've a squad full of sh1te no one else will want. However, that squad is way too big for league 1. It will need a revamp and cutting drastically to conform with ffp.
    I think if we get another manager in for the close season our best 11 will do ok but this squad is well short of Championship quality.
    Thats why part of me wants to just accept this relegation Ponty and move on, because I hate the thought of us being in this position again next season. (which we obviously will)

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Thats why part of me wants to just accept this relegation Ponty and move on, because I hate the thought of us being in this position again next season. (which we obviously will)
    Agree Acido just dust ourselves down and win league 1 next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Agree Acido just dust ourselves down and win league 1 next season.
    tha needs a reality check mate. Look mate i dont mean to sound condescending here, I admire your optimism Steve but it reminds me of how I used to be 10 years ago. In a few years time tha'll see situations like this for what they are and become as cynical as me Unless wholesale changes are made throughout the club then we ain't winning LG 1 mate.

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    What I find really strange is that we appear to be 'saving' some of the what I assume he thinks ar the better players for a 'big' game - as if the last 2 weren't big enough. It wasn't inconceivable that from the last 2 away games we could've got 3 points, especially against 2 sides with nowt to play for. It's concerning that 2 sides with nothing to play for show more desire than a team fighting for its life.

Onto this system, I'm no football coach but when you play 2 forwards high up similar to an old inside left/right and your full backs push on and can't be arsed getting back then there is is going to be acres of space free in the channel for runners on the counter attacks. Ive not looked at the stats but I think we have lost our last 5 or 6 away on the spin - this system has been found out by the opposition. 3-5-2 for the last 2 games and get bloody mallan in. Yes he did a bad pass 40 yards out against millwall - check yiadoms throw in out though and criticise him as well- but he also was the only one offering any creativity in midfield.

JM has inherited an awful, no confidence group but with better tactics and less personnel changes each game I'm sure we could've scraped together 6 more points during his tenure
    Mallan was actually the best player on the field till that back pass
    JM hauled him off to show he was the boss!
    I’ll hazard a guess that Mallan starts on Saturday
    JM will say he brought him back as he is now “ Well Rested”
    He will have a stormer and we will be all asking “WHY HAS HE NOT BEING PLAYING?”

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast