+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Club Is An Absolute Joke

Quote Originally Posted by tiggertyke View Post
    I agree with most of whats said, but I don't think the players are as bad as they are made out to be. I have watched every game on iplayer. In my opinion they are trying too hard and too eager. Its as if we are playing 2 full backs, 2 wing backs and 6 strikers. I think thats why we are always caught out of position. With our young squad the defenders should defend, midfield get the ball to our strikers and stop the ball getting to the oposition strikers, and the strikers should concentrate on scoring. Instead we have everybody doing everybody elses job.
    Couple this with the lack of ability to play a long pass and its easy to see why we are where we are.
    Controversially, I would drop Lindsey.
    We have also really missed Harvey barnes.
    Its great to see attacking football for us fans, but not if we keep loosing.
    Lady luck has also deserted us.
    I am convinced that someone like Warnock would have got a lot better results with these players.
    Morais has said the effort is there, so it has to be on him. He should play them in a system that simplifies there job.
    Hecky was just the same, I used to get knackered just watching the way he had Bradshaw running around like a crazy terrier.
    Just my opinion by the way.

I agree wi that apart from ave seen how weve defended this season, the marking the backing off and of course the diving in, its because of a real lack of love for the ball, sometimes the touch the basic stuff, sheff utd away a complete breakdown in ability against burton, leeds at home, and away. We put pressure on ourselves by not putting oposition away when were on top. Poor finishing poor choices in attacking options. Keepers not been inspiring confidence either. Back 4, well its a lotto who lines up in it from week to week nowadays so its no wonder were rodgered. Soz a rant

Forgot to mention throw ins, every other team pick up the ball and throw it straight away to one of their players. Not us we take forever then give it to the oposition. Visiting managers must be laughing their socks off putting the ball out for a throw in is like them kicking for touch

Yeah we've been too scared of the ball at times. I'd have like to have seen us try and play with Mallan, Mcgeehan and Moncur as a midfield central three. All equally composed on the ball and would have retained possession better. I think Hecky's rush to bring in Gardner and Williams was to the detriment of the squad we started with who never really got a chance if truth be known.

People said Mcgeehan wasn't that type of player that was box to box and could tackle but's that's how he broke his leg for Luton

Bang on. Its the basics really. Find a red shirt, which they did on tuesday night, shame we were playin in white really.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Yeah we've been too scared of the ball at times. I'd have like to have seen us try and play with Mallan, Mcgeehan and Moncur as a midfield central three. All equally composed on the ball and would have retained possession better. I think Hecky's rush to bring in Gardner and Williams was to the detriment of the squad we started with who never really got a chance if truth be known.

People said Mcgeehan wasn't that type of player that was box to box and could tackle but's that's how he broke his leg for Luton

Spot on Steve
    McGeehan & Mallan have both been badly treated in my view

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234