+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Club Is An Absolute Joke

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    tha needs a reality check mate. Look mate i dont mean to sound condescending here, I admire your optimism Steve but it reminds me of how I used to be 10 years ago. In a few years time tha'll see situations like this for what they are and become as cynical as me Unless wholesale changes are made throughout the club then we ain't winning LG 1 mate.
    Pass. in life, and football, there has to be summat
    To look forward to.
    It why we keep going.... year after year, Some Wembley years, some relegations
    unless your a top 13 club in the Prem, football goes in cycles.
    Just ask Wigan and Blackburn fans.
    Up, down, up , down
    We ain’t never gonna be a top 13 club
    EVER
    Get used to it Ponte
    It hurts
    But only till next season starts

Well said Jules

Did you see Billions last week?

"Billy Beane never won the World Series".

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Pass. in life, and football, there has to be summat
    To look forward to.
    It why we keep going.... year after year, Some Wembley years, some relegations
    unless your a top 13 club in the Prem, football goes in cycles.
    Just ask Wigan and Blackburn fans.
    Up, down, up , down
    We ain’t never gonna be a top 13 club
    EVER
    Get used to it Ponte
    It hurts
    But only till next season starts

A know mate and I totally agree wi thi. Wiv all bin fans long enough to know the cycle.

Mallan, he ought be playin a bin sayin it all season, folk say oh the must be a reason they know more than us, well thats not what am seein, he must a wazzed in heckys boots or somethin, and morais is just nuts so you cant really blame him for not pickin him, I'm surprised he dont turn up in a cricket kit the flamin loon

Quote Originally Posted by bankendbfc View Post
    Mallan, he ought be playin a bin sayin it all season, folk say oh the must be a reason they know more than us, well thats not what am seein, he must a wazzed in heckys boots or somethin, and morais is just nuts so you cant really blame him for not pickin him, I'm surprised he dont turn up in a cricket kit the flamin loon
    Most annoying thing about Mallan and to a degree Mcgeehan and Mowatt is that they're all good players and would be good for us played in the right formation and team. They're all probably going to leave for next to nothing and they're careers flourish elsewhere. I'd have just liked to see em' kick a ball in anger for Barnsley F.C first.

Mcgeehan been used mainly as sub at scunny of late so a dunt know how well thats goin. Mowatts playin regular is he? Ant looked. As far as mallan is concerned, hes off followed by "my oakwell hell" headline in local rag, followed by the inevitable hat trick scored by him against us for his new club, and in celebration, his middle finger pointed quite rightly, at our bench.

Guile. Somink arta nowt. Craft. Hes got that. An thats the kind o clever footballer we ant seen since josh and conor pushed off.

Quote Originally Posted by bankendbfc View Post
    Mcgeehan been used mainly as sub at scunny of late so a dunt know how well thats goin. Mowatts playin regular is he? Ant looked. As far as mallan is concerned, hes off followed by "my oakwell hell" headline in local rag, followed by the inevitable hat trick scored by him against us for his new club, and in celebration, his middle finger pointed quite rightly, at our bench.

Guile. Somink arta nowt. Craft. Hes got that. An thats the kind o clever footballer we ant seen since josh and conor pushed off.
    Totally agree. Only seen Mallan against Wolves and he was getting on the ball and pointing the other lads into position. Distributing the ball well.

I'd be hopeful of hanging onto him to be honest.

Well contractually he owes us but in the loyalty stakes, i don't see as he owes us sweet fa. Ave seen mallan play in 3 games. Its difficult to try to analyse the lads season off of that, the only thing a can say is in them 3 games, he did sod all wrong and looked our most composed player. Seems to me 1 mistake and hes hung out to dry. The rest of this team by contrast, have made so many clown shoe keystone copsesque howlers this season and were not given this kind of treatment.
    I wanna keep him, make him the main man. Assemble the squad to suit.

I agree with most of whats said, but I don't think the players are as bad as they are made out to be. I have watched every game on iplayer. In my opinion they are trying too hard and too eager. Its as if we are playing 2 full backs, 2 wing backs and 6 strikers. I think thats why we are always caught out of position. With our young squad the defenders should defend, midfield get the ball to our strikers and stop the ball getting to the oposition strikers, and the strikers should concentrate on scoring. Instead we have everybody doing everybody elses job.
    Couple this with the lack of ability to play a long pass and its easy to see why we are where we are.
    Controversially, I would drop Lindsey.
    We have also really missed Harvey barnes.
    Its great to see attacking football for us fans, but not if we keep loosing.
    Lady luck has also deserted us.
    I am convinced that someone like Warnock would have got a lot better results with these players.
    Morais has said the effort is there, so it has to be on him. He should play them in a system that simplifies there job.
    Hecky was just the same, I used to get knackered just watching the way he had Bradshaw running around like a crazy terrier.
    Just my opinion by the way.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast