+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Football done. Now it's all Yorkshire.

And it might just be a remarkable win.

Essev 97-4 needing another 140 odd. Fingers/toes/legs crossed.

Harry Brook England u19 captain makes a maiden century at just 18 yrs old.

Muckin Fagnificent by the White Rose.

Won by 90 odd runs

For the football only fans it's like being 5 down after 20 minutes and winning 12-5

Awesome result for God's own.
    Oh,well done Blades. Didn't blow the 3-0 lead after all.

Unbelievable,shows that I should have a little more faith in our lads

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Unbelievable,shows that I should have a little more faith in our lads
    To be fair history was on your side. last time we did owt like this was in 1922 when we gat 42 in the 1st innings.

JB demandinfg to open the 2nd innings and getting a rapid but classy 50 set the tone and , as for the seam bowling, brilliant . Patto's best ever figures.Even better - Es*** fans are, along with Slurrey fans, the cricket equivalent of pigs.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    To be fair history was on your side. last time we did owt like this was in 1922 when we gat 42 in the 1st innings.

JB demandinfg to open the 2nd innings and getting a rapid but classy 50 set the tone and , as for the seam bowling, brilliant . Patto's best ever figures.Even better - Es*** fans are, along with Slurrey fans, the cricket equivalent of pigs.
    My experience of Es*** fans is they're more Millwall. Give me the healthy mutual love /hate with the Black Pudding supporters any day of the week.

I'd put them closer to West Ham SBT.

Chelmsford's one of the cricket grounds that;s more akin to a football crowd but, as the song goes " They only sing when they're winning" but, to quote Dad's Army, " they don't like it up 'em" and are poor losers

Lots of them were shouting about the pitch not being playable for the 1st game of the seson at Headingley, it was a fix, we weren't trying hard enough to get the game on,we were frightened of them etc and were they arrogant about winning the title last year.bet they wish the pitch at Chelmsford would have been declared unfit now.

The only way is Es***. If ever a cast iron case was made for compulsory euthanasia.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    The only way is Es***. If ever a cast iron case was made for compulsory euthanasia.

It was a superb win from that position, but how long will it take for the Top Five (minus Joe and Jonny) to start and put a decent score on the Board ? Gale just makes comments like forget the last innings and start again, something is fundamentally wrong behind the scenes in my humble opinion, which needs sorting pronto. I see Gale as more of a stumbling block than an advantage.

With regards to the Opening Game, given that major building work was being undertaken at Headingly, would it have been an impossibility for Yorkshire to have played at another venue ? Or would the powers that be think that would be unfair to others ??

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast