+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A blessing in disguise ?

A blessing in disguise ?

Remember how bad it felt 4 years ago, going down to Lg One after a few years of struggling and constantly losing matches. I think we all tried to take some consolation from it didnt we and we hoped Lg One would be a new and decent challenge, rather than something to dread.
    Well when you look at our promotion season we did indeed come back to this level and we were much better and stronger for it. However, none of us were to know then just how badly the club would act in selling off all of our assets, and replacing them with utter garbage.
    My point anyway is, do any of us think this will work out for the best again in a few years time and will we once again come back better and stronger. (and yes I think we all know we're down now dont we!)

I can’t accept that relegation as a “work out for the best option”, and I know a few more won’t either. We clearly aren’t going to do a Man City, or Wolves by dropping down a League to spend amd get stronger.
    If this shower had ANY INTENTION of proving that they had ambition it was in January.
    Perhaps 3 or 4 experiences pro’s short. A change of coach, and a “New Broom” would have Excited the fans and pushed us to safety. With a substantial investment to complement the few decent players we have. ( I’m thinking Mallon, Mcarthy, Lindsay, Jackson and yes, Potts. ( He WILL come good, BELIEVE me! we would have easily finished above Reading, Hull, Brum, Burton and Sunderland...EASILY!
    We had all that success, and put a thousand or two on the average Home crowds....
    That two Thousand, along with another 1500, has just gone.
    What Barnsley FC Haven’t, and never will have is the ability to pull on enough supporters to fund the spending we need. Even on the back of two Wembleys, and a Championship survival ( ok the rug was pulled with the players leaving ) we couldn’t fill the ground.

We CANNOT attract investors willing to have the foresight to bankroll the club.
    why would they?
    We are reliant on the Owners to fund it. ( amd we can just see what the owners have done.....
    Me and Mrs Jules have renewed, but don’t go away anymore. ( Whippet home alone isn’t a good idea].... Down or up, we will renew.
    What worries me is if the owners won’t pay to keep the position we worked hard to achieve in the Championship, what measly coins will they throw at the club if they struggle in League Un........?
    They must have ONE HELL OF A PLAN if they can see a return from abject failure,
    Last edited by Jules88; 24-04-2018 at 11:10 PM.

Ahh so that whippet dog is Jules Jnr is it ?.
    I think there is some truth though to the idea that things will work out for the best in the long run, and something has got to change here now. Because even IF we do manage to scrape up in these remaining games, we'll go through the same yet again next season.
    I dont trust this incompetent coach and I hope we finish with him and start looking for a more sensible replacement as soon as possible. Who that is though, well Im sure we can all keep coming up with different names.
    I agree with the idea of some experience mixed into the squad, although look at what happened at Leeds, Mills could have been that bit of experience needed but he was appalling.
    The lack of activity in the January window does worry me as to what the owners real intentions are, and I keep hearing about they are in it for the long haul. Well if they still want to stick by Jose (so as not to admit what a mistake they made), then we are in trouble.

I think we were one of the most active clubs in January Acido a lot of the signings just didn’t work out but it is hard to get the right players in.

We should have signed a goalkeeper obviously

We signed an experienced centre back that Hecky pushed for in Mills.... everyone said he was sh ite though at Forest

We signed a left back Pinillos who the Forest fans liked and said was a good player .... when fit

We got a winger Mahoney in who we’d chased for ages and was good at Blackburn

We got a central midfielder who was obviously a mistake but cost £500k.

We signed two forwards who’ve both done ok really in McBurnie and Moore

We gave it a go. Not good enough over a season, i am gutted because i thought Jose could be good for us, but he's a chancer. Hes a number 2/3. Good for saying "come on guys believe" while carrying the water bottles. We NEED macca.

We've more chance of getting Beverly fcukin Macca now we're back in league 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post

Nice one Ponte.
    "Don't you bring Beverley Macca into this again. Mum ! Dave's talking about Beverley Macca again "

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    You gotta laugh. Very good ponte

Am more mad than disapointed ,mad that morais time and time again messes with the squads at ***** times like at leeds no moore from start a joke and 6 changes ladt night ..and he quotes because they was tired.
    I been to watch them training fe days before they was fit and up for it .. and morais was like akways walking round like a lost sheep , its a shame cos with a consistant team i do believe we would have got more points but he thinks he like is mate mourinio .. wake up your not please do the right thing and leave and that goes for the board as well for picking this looser. We want passion back ...

Only blessing I can see is that this squad isn't full of journeyman donkeys like the last relegation squad. I honestly think with the right man in charge and a summer clear out and rebuild we'll be back at the first attempt. Now Blackburn and Wigan are up there's nowt to be frightened of in division below.

Walton

Mccarthy, Pearson, Pinnock, Williams

Hammill, Mallan, Mcgeehan, Isgrove

Thiam, Moore

Off load Bradshaw, Lindsay, Yiadom, Fryers, Pinillos, Knasmullner, Mowatt, Moncur. New contract for Hammill is a must and start from scratch.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast