+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm gonna leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Goodness me Saxo, there was me thinking that we had problems on Tykesmad.
    One problem, Acido, is that there just aren't enough of us.
    I reckon we need at least double the number of our current regulars to make the site representative.
    I don't much like discussing the politics and finances at all, but it's a lot easier for me to stick to football only, because I'm so far away, which means I haven't been so personally involved in the whole Venky's business.
    I'm hoping that the huge lift in positivity which Mowbray has overseen will bring some of our disillusioned posters back.
    To be honest, the main reason a few of us have got so p*ssed off with anti-Mowbray comments is that, however much people go down the line of "He should have been more attack-minded," the fact is, he has given everything and everyone around the Club a massive psychological boost.
    Some of the stuff on the Telegraph site - like, "It's no more than we should have expected" is the purest drivel. Resources and "history" mean nothing. Look how a club like Leeds has bounced around the Divisions. To listen to some of the extremists, you'd think we had a divine right to promotion, and that ANY manager could have done it (provided he followed THEIR advice, of course!).
    Saxo and Champs will be fine as long as they're not put in the same room.

I know that Aucks and its nowt to do with me is it of course. And Im just mucking about here like I always do lol.
    Ive never really been a regular poster on here so I dont know how busy this board has ever been, although I did notice it was busier some years ago when somebody called Moony (Big Moon) welcomed me on here and I appreciated that and had a good laugh with him.
    Do you reckon this board will pick up again now because of the promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I know that Aucks and its nowt to do with me is it of course. And Im just mucking about here like I always do lol.
    Ive never really been a regular poster on here so I dont know how busy this board has ever been, although I did notice it was busier some years ago when somebody called Moony (Big Moon) welcomed me on here and I appreciated that and had a good laugh with him.
    Do you reckon this board will pick up again now because of the promotion.
    I hope it will pick up.
    As Moderators (Robin as well), do you know if "Footymad" ever closes sites down because of insufficient activity?

In a word no
    A site has to be pretty much dead for months before that gets considered
    I went on brentfords forum years ago and it hadn't had a post for 2 months and it was still active
    Football mad forums are kept going through advertising
    If nobody sees the ad's then they might close them down
    It's small on here but no grounds for concern we will keep going
    I like it in its intimate form.

This board used to be mega busy during the glory days..Some good fun was had between posters,I think the decline started when Facebook,Twitter and other media outlets started up..

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    One problem, Acido, is that there just aren't enough of us.
    I reckon we need at least double the number of our current regulars to make the site representative.
    I don't much like discussing the politics and finances at all, but it's a lot easier for me to stick to football only, because I'm so far away, which means I haven't been so personally involved in the whole Venky's business.
    I'm hoping that the huge lift in positivity which Mowbray has overseen will bring some of our disillusioned posters back.
    To be honest, the main reason a few of us have got so p*ssed off with anti-Mowbray comments is that, however much people go down the line of "He should have been more attack-minded," the fact is, he has given everything and everyone around the Club a massive psychological boost.
    Some of the stuff on the Telegraph site - like, "It's no more than we should have expected" is the purest drivel. Resources and "history" mean nothing. Look how a club like Leeds has bounced around the Divisions. To listen to some of the extremists, you'd think we had a divine right to promotion, and that ANY manager could have done it (provided he followed THEIR advice, of course!).
    Saxo and Champs will be fine as long as they're not put in the same room.
    Now that we have a had a breather from the euphoria, I may well slightly upset a few with this;
    I am not expecting a significant surge of stay away's to return any time soon, sorry but that's how it comes across to me. Sax actually speaks for quite a significant number that are still not prepared to forgive and forget. That's not a crit towards Sax in any way, that's just the way he is dealing with the unsavouriness of those responsible still being in charge.
    After reading the chairmans piece this morn, it is very clear a cautionary message is being given out, in terms of please don't expect unrealistically too much. And for me that's aimed at the numbers who believe this is directly the turning point and an assault on the Prem is a given follow on.
    I have no idea what TM realistically believes he can gleen from Venkys, but I'm fairly sure he has a figure in his head of what he thinks it's gona take (to make that onslaught).
    Once he is informed he then has to decide whether he, and maybe more importantly the impatient element of the support can take it on.
    He knows very well how you go from hero to zero almost in a blink (he mentioned as much in a recent interview ie at Prem level it can be as swift as two games).

This is not a outright negativity opinion, but my cautionary side coming to the fore, hopefully without casting a decrying slant towards all just achieved by TM and the lads / club.

He / We've done incredibly well and I'm over the moon at how the club has been repaired. But after the next weeks celebrations, a more rational realistic mindset has to be adopted.

Again apologies if anyone thinks this is poorly timed, as I in no way want this to be read as criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    Now that we have a had a breather from the euphoria, I may well slightly upset a few with this;
    I am not expecting a significant surge of stay away's to return any time soon, sorry but that's how it comes across to me. Sax actually speaks for quite a significant number that are still not prepared to forgive and forget. That's not a crit towards Sax in any way, that's just the way he is dealing with the unsavouriness of those responsible still being in charge.
    After reading the chairmans piece this morn, it is very clear a cautionary message is being given out, in terms of please don't expect unrealistically too much. And for me that's aimed at the numbers who believe this is directly the turning point and an assault on the Prem is a given follow on.
    I have no idea what TM realistically believes he can gleen from Venkys, but I'm fairly sure he has a figure in his head of what he thinks it's gona take (to make that onslaught).
    Once he is informed he then has to decide whether he, and maybe more importantly the impatient element of the support can take it on.
    He knows very well how you go from hero to zero almost in a blink (he mentioned as much in a recent interview ie at Prem level it can be as swift as two games).

This is not a outright negativity opinion, but my cautionary side coming to the fore, hopefully without casting a decrying slant towards all just achieved by TM and the lads / club.

He / We've done incredibly well and I'm over the moon at how the club has been repaired. But after the next weeks celebrations, a more rational realistic mindset has to be adopted.

Again apologies if anyone thinks this is poorly timed, as I in no way want this to be read as criticism.
    I'm very much in agreement, Despair. A manager like Mowbray must be all too aware of what you call "hero to zero". After all, there was enough of an outcry after the defeat at Plymouth!
    To be honest, I'd be amazed if we get into the top six next season.
    What we need is a decent start - say 15 points from the first ten games. Then you have something to build on, without looking back at the bottom three all the time. I just hope TM doesn't get burdened with unrealistic expectations. Those who took against him have been saying that more or less anyone could have got us promotion with our squad this season, but I think that's rubbish. Dismissing most of the teams in L.1 as crap is just arrogant, and many of them have proved very difficult to overcome.
    I know some people have been arguing that if we'd played six attacking players, we'd have walked the Division. I suspect that they have watched football over the last five years... 10 years...20 years...whatever, with bags over their heads.

There it is again, the rallying cry from our chairman ie if you really want this club to kick on get yourselves to home games and give this man and squad and club the support it deserves.
    All done in a more professional way of course.
    But that’s the gist of it.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I hope it will pick up. As Moderators (Robin as well), do you know if "Footymad" ever closes sites down because of insufficient activity?
    Well Aucks, me and Alf for example used to post regularly on the old Accrington footymad board and unbelievably that board was then totally deleted, for whatever reason.
    So yes Im sugesting that FM do indeed delete boards for a lack of actitvity etc..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)