+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Garage nightlclub (Windmill Brae)

The Garage nightlclub (Windmill Brae)

This place closed down a week or 2 ago - ive got tickets for the Sleaford Mods who are set to play there in October.
    Anyone know fits gan on, is someone else going to buy it over? It seems to change owners/name every couple of years anyway. Im hoping that even if it doesn't reopen as a venue the Sleafords gig will just relocate to another venue, tunnels or something?

I've got tickets for that gig too. I'm sure they will relocate the gig if it doesn't re-open.

Nah dude. All gigs are happening. The last act booked is Frank Turner and he will be the final gig. According to the EE anyway

It doesn't surprise me. I used to be in there at least twice a month for gigs. Always something on. I haven't set foot since it turned into the Garage. Just didn't seem to have the same amount of sh@t going on

Im only ever in it for the odd gig cos im an old c@nt but ive always assumed its rammed wi students at the weekend and mon/thurs nights? Maybe nae thesedays then. Wtf do young uns do now? Loads of pubs and clubs in toon when i was 15-25.
    Good venue for gigs tho. Fannies, Gil Scott Heron, Ride recently.

Ive been to mounds of gigs there. Highlights being The Wildhearts, Hanoi Rocks, The Quireboys, Dropkick Murphys, The Datsuns

Decent venue with a floor so sticky it would pull yer sheen aff

Can anyone of a certain age remember what this place used to be called (About 1992/3/4). I was a regular in this part of town as a young pup (used to love Clarkies and was a regular in Bugsy Browns at the time too). Just can't remember what the Garage was called at the time though...

Quote Originally Posted by OneBrianIrvine View Post
    Pre Hoochie Coochie and Zuu? Videoplex?

'Hoochie Coochie' - you'd never get away with that now.
    Hoochie Coochie. That's the one. Showing my age!

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Nah dude. All gigs are happening. The last act booked is Frank Turner and he will be the final gig. According to the EE anyway

It doesn't surprise me. I used to be in there at least twice a month for gigs. Always something on. I haven't set foot since it turned into the Garage. Just didn't seem to have the same amount of sh@t going on
    I was there on that very last night to see Frank Turner. Awesome set from Mr Turner as always.

Don't think i'd been in there since about 96/97 when we used to go as students and it was ZUU.

Monday night student night used to be £2 to get in and then 70p a pint. Or even better was a Sunday night when it was a tenner at the door and then a free bar.