+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who do you want in the playoffs?

Who do you want in the playoffs?

For me it's anyone other than Coventry.

No one. 😉

No one or Coventry

Nobody - Let's go for 3rd place. We were in the top three for five months. Accrington have lost ten games like us and they are on the cusp of winning the title. Let's get our place back off Wycombe by piling the pressure on them and Exeter by beating Grimsby away on Saturday. All the pressure is on Wycombe.

We've got a fantastic opportunity and the door is open more than it has been in the past few weeks to 3rd place. That's why we need to go to Grimsby in numbers and be the 12th man to help the team be victorious.

Why are you even asking about the play offs when we're still mathematically and form-wise gunning for automatic?

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Nobody - Let's go for 3rd place. We were in the top three for five months. Accrington have lost ten games like us and they are on the cusp of winning the title. Let's get our place back off Wycombe by piling the pressure on them and Exeter by beating Grimsby away on Saturday. All the pressure is on Wycombe.

We've got a fantastic opportunity and the door is open more than it has been in the past few weeks to 3rd place. That's why we need to go to Grimsby in numbers and be the 12th man to help the team be victorious.
    Spot on!

If we don't make 3rd place i'm confident that we can beat anybody....but Lincoln are the team to watch out for....they're hitting form as much as we are!

If we are to end up in the play-off positions it is Coventry I would want on current form. I really hope Mansfield don't sneak their way in - we've been cr@p against them for years.

Win our last 2 and I still can see us grabbing 3rd place.

The last two games could be an absolute lottery. Two teams still in with a chance of the title, three others fighting for 3rd and teams 6th to 8th all trying to secure a play off place.

Of course we all hope to clinch that 3rd automatic spot but we have Grimsby away who are fighting tooth and nail to stay in the league and then Luton who could well still be in with a chance of the title on May 5th.

I just started working out all of the permutations but it was getting way too complicated but basically we need to beat Grimsby and hope both Exeter and Wycombe fail to win and then a win v Luton gets us 3rd place regardless due to our superior GD over Wycombe.

Essentially we won't know until 5pm Saturday but getting back to the OP and assuming we are in the play-offs the current form of our potential opponents for last 6 games is as follows;

Wycombe W2 D3 L1 Pts9 Pos12 GD -2
    Exeter W3 D2 L1 Pts11 Pos5 GD +2
    Lincoln W4 D1 L1 Pts13 Pos3 GD +4
    Coventry W2 D1 L3 Pts7 Pos17 GD -4
    Mansfailed W1 D2 L3 Pts5 Pos19 GD -2

For parity Notts current form is:
    W3 D1 L2 Pts10 Pos7 GD +3

Based on the above you would assume Mansfailed will just miss out. Coventry look like the team you would want to play over two legs which means really trying to finish if 4th place if missing out on automatic.

Lincoln definitely looking like the team to try and avoid if possible.

As others have said, lets hope for a win in Cleethorpes saturday and see where we are then.

I do not think we should be considering the play-offs at this stage. Although not in our hands, we still have an opportunity to be promoted automatically. Let's cross the play-off bridge if we have to.
    In the meantime, keep the faith.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast