+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who do you want in the playoffs?

[QUOTE=BanjoPie;38869484]
    Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I think you mean Chesterfield . Easy mistake.

Well spotted Navy - can I say it was a 'typo'
    You can.

I would choose Exeter or Coventry. I'd probably favour Exeter as they don't have a big following. Teams to avoid are Lincoln and Mansfield (obviously). Oh and I reckon we'd beat Wycombe over two legs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I would choose Exeter or Coventry. I'd probably favour Exeter as they don't have a big following. Teams to avoid are Lincoln and Mansfield (obviously). Oh and I reckon we'd beat Wycombe over two legs as well.
    Have to agree with this, Wycombe are anti football and not great on the eye but get the job done, I think we could take them over 2 legs... Exeter or Coventry...mmmm. I would have to say Exeter from those, Coventry on their day are a decent side

I fancy us to beat Cov over two legs but do t want them in the final as they would take 50k

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    We lost any chance of 3rd place when we caved in against Colchester & Barnet
    Whilst the defeats to Chesterfield and Barnet away were blows we have only lost ten games all season which is the same amount as 1st place Accrington and 3rd place Wycombe.

I’m hoping Kevin Nolan and the coaching staff and players don’t think we lost our chance then because we may as well not bother playing Grimsby or Luton.

We’ve got a fantastic opportunity and two points behind 3rd place over two games is not much. We’ve effectively got an extra point on Wycombe and Exeter because of our superior goal difference if we end up finishing on the same points as them.

Should we win both our remaining games then we would finish on 82 points.

Basically if we can win our last two games and neither Exeter or Wycombe win both their remaining games 3rd place would be ours.

I won’t give up on third place until such a time if it does come where it’s mathematically impossible, and I don’t expect KN and his players to either.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    I fancy us to beat Cov over two legs but do t want them in the final as they would take 50k
    Yeah, that would be a massive advantage for them.

How many do you think we'd take to Wembley? Probably somewhere between 10k and 15k, and maybe a third of those wouldn't really be regular Notts fans.

Whilst we have a small chance of automatic that should be the only focus we have.

As for the play offs it doesn't really matter who we play we shouldn't be fearing anyone and i'd imagine Lincoln, Coventry or Mansfield won't fear us either.

Excellent sentiments. It seems very important to me that the momentum built up in the last few games must be maintained .
    We are "on a roll." We must keep it going right to the last kick of the regular playing season.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123