+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Football Thread. Safe Standing.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss View Post
    Folk standing up is a modern thing too.
    Nah it's a thing of the past and sadly permanently linked with Hillsborough

I don’t see what the problem is either apart from money.

It’ll certainly stop the knobs who stand up near front when there’s room near back at away games

I remember the Millers away game at Burton Albion, the Millers faithful standing behind the away end goal, too many Miller fans were allowed in that day, with many standing in the walk ways, also some fans having to confront the stewards.
    I was in the side stand where Millers fans were allowed to buy tickets for, the head safety steward just stood at the side of the pitch, to which with the safety issues some Millers fans were fighting the stewards.
    After the game I got in touch with the F.A.'s safety officer to complain about the safety issues of the ground,with Burton allowing pay on the day, the away end was well over the safety level, to which prompted a meeting with the F.A. safety official at the time Mr Green meeting with Burton Albion, the council & police.
    The outcome being Burton saying there were less supporters behind the away goal area, & blamed the Millers fans for the trouble.
    I also posted a letter in the Rotherham Advertiser regarding the game, the Millers lost the game that day, in safety terms I was glad we lost, because if the Millers had scored a goal, there would have been fans crushed & someone could have lost their life that day.

Personally keep seating, my 67th birthday coming up, standing up is not a option, with a new knee & hip replacement.

I'd love there to be standing areas brought back. Love the rare away games you get to stand. Far better atmos I think

I don’t like idea of standing up areas what if someone is ill and needs to sit down?

Bad idea I think

Only way to make it truly safe is to keep the seats but allow areas to stand without restrictions

Works fine for other clubs.

It won't be happening at NYS anyway. This came up when the stadium was being built, and I remember reading somewhere that the gradient of the stands at NYS is considered too steep for safe standing.
    Personally I don't want it anyway. It looks crap, reduces capacity and just isn't the same as standing, as it was back in the day.

All about opinions but I'm all for it, always have been always will be.
    Just look at bundesliga.
    Don't care if the capacity is more..or less.
    BRING IT BACK!!!

Nothing worse than having to sit down on a freezing cold day, but we're in britain, lets not forget, a free country, but we shall do as we're told..we shall be big brother'ed every match, spied upon by the yellowcoats, (especially at home) with a "you may have a season ticket, but what qualifies you to come" attitude..ha..worlds madder than ever...

Quote Originally Posted by millavanilla View Post
    Nothing worse than having to sit down on a freezing cold day, but we're in britain, lets not forget, a free country, but we shall do as we're told..we shall be big brother'ed every match, spied upon by the yellowcoats, (especially at home) with a "you may have a season ticket, but what qualifies you to come" attitude..ha..worlds madder than ever...
    True. But having so called safe standing won't change that either. Bring back unsafe standing and I'm in!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast