+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Football Thread. Safe Standing.

Quote Originally Posted by millavanilla View Post
    Nothing worse than having to sit down on a freezing cold day, but we're in britain, lets not forget, a free country, but we shall do as we're told..we shall be big brother'ed every match, spied upon by the yellowcoats, (especially at home) with a "you may have a season ticket, but what qualifies you to come" attitude..ha..worlds madder than ever...
    If you want to stand then go to back.
    some fans may not be able to stand for periods of time, shall they not bother going to games to support their team ?

Selfish people
    Last edited by millertop; 26-04-2018 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    It won't be happening at NYS anyway. This came up when the stadium was being built, and I remember reading somewhere that the gradient of the stands at NYS is considered too steep for safe standing.
    Personally I don't want it anyway. It looks crap, reduces capacity and just isn't the same as standing, as it was back in the day.
    Can’t see how that makes any difference, If so then extend with less steepness

100000 signitures have been penned a petition so it means that the subject can be put before MPs in Parliment.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Can’t see how that makes any difference, If so then extend with less steepness
    It is the difference between converting a seated stand, or knocking it down completely and building a new one. I'd say that's a pretty big difference.

I don,t want standing,safe or otherwise,because I find it easier to nod off when I,m sitting.

For many years you could stand or sit at every ground.Trouble is it’s not the standing that’s not safe it’s the idiot fans that make it unsafe.

I would love to see a mock emergency evacuations of the north stand.I would bet the old tivoli would empty quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    I would love to see a mock emergency evacuations of the north stand.I would bet the old tivoli would empty quicker.

Well it would certainly empty quicker than west stand guaranteed

It'll never happen at NYS, the stands are too steep.

I dont mind people standing as long as they're all at the back and not be d1ckheads and stand up in the middle of the stand when there's elderly people or young families sat behind them. Wanna stand up? Go to the back, not rocket science is it. To be fair to them though at least they actually create an atmosphere. Its like being sat in a morgue sometimes at the games

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    It won't be happening at NYS anyway. This came up when the stadium was being built, and I remember reading somewhere that the gradient of the stands at NYS is considered too steep for safe standing.
    Personally I don't want it anyway. It looks crap, reduces capacity and just isn't the same as standing, as it was back in the day.
    I'm with Hazza on this, we're trying to recreate something that will never be the same as it was back in the day. If some want to stand, go to the back of the stand so you don't obstuct others.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast