+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Football Thread. Safe Standing.

A Football Thread. Safe Standing.

Just seen that the petition has gone over 100,000 signatures. Don't see what the problem is myself as it's not like standard terracing and actually safer than seating which people can fall over, could also solve the problems caused by folk who stand anyway. Or am I missing something?

Amanda, there aren't may of us that post on here that are at an age where standing is an option Other than pissing that is.

I've seen some stadiums that have been made sections safe standing areas. They are like little pens made out of steel railings aren't they? How many fans are allowed in each pen?

Do they have safety notices on them which include 'When temperatures reach freezing do not lick the steel! A stadium full of football fans frozen by their tongue to the railings would make me very happy to see.

Stood for over 50yrs watching the millers,better atmosphere, itsbloody warmer & safe if done in the right way. I would not like to get out of the north stand in a hurry.

Great idea, whilst we’re at it bring back bear baiting, cock fighting and sending kids up chimneys.

It's something like 1.5 fans per seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss View Post

Fat barstewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Fat barstewards.
    That's what I was thinking as I typed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Great idea, whilst we’re at it bring back bear baiting, cock fighting and sending kids up chimneys.
    Folk standing up is a modern thing too.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss View Post

Or with the size of our fans 0.5

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Or with the size of our fans 0.5
    Yes.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast