+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: two faces

two faces

There are some people on this board that asked for hecky to be sacked instead he left so they got what they wanted, there are some people on this board that said long ago that the players were not up to championship level and were right but are surprised that we are in this position, there are some people on this board that now are calling for the new HC to be sacked even though he can only pick a team with the squad he has got, there are some on this board that have complained about the new owners even though they did not take over until after the transfer window was closed and could not affect the playing squad. Maybe we could all have a little patience with the owners and HC and wait until the next season whatever division we play in.

I agree with much of what you're saying. However, JM's position is becoming untenable and it might be better for him and the clubs interests if he left before it gets nasty.

I like the bloke and will support him in League 1 if he stays but I think it's better if he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by redsarebest View Post
    There are some people on this board that asked for hecky to be sacked instead he left so they got what they wanted, there are some people on this board that said long ago that the players were not up to championship level and were right but are surprised that we are in this position, there are some people on this board that now are calling for the new HC to be sacked even though he can only pick a team with the squad he has got, there are some on this board that have complained about the new owners even though they did not take over until after the transfer window was closed and could not affect the playing squad. Maybe we could all have a little patience with the owners and HC and wait until the next season whatever division we play in.

The new owners took ownership of the club just before christmas .

The January window opens up on New Year's Day .

The present HC was appointed under their control and he's clearly unsuitable for the job due to his questionable experience and the number of clubs he's involved himself with .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 25-04-2018 at 07:23 PM.

They took over in December and had a full transfer window to try and amend this mess. They were uninspiring in their efforts on the transfer front for me and we've seen the consequences. They also appointed a questionable head coach in the wake of Heckys departure and have been vague in telling us their intentions both short term and long term or any information at all. I'm not slagging them but it's not exactly been a smooth start to their reign. Just saying as a see it. Jury is still out for me.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    They took over in December and had a full transfer window to try and amend this mess. They were uninspiring in their efforts on the transfer front for me and we've seen the consequences. They also appointed a questionable head coach in the wake of Heckys departure and have been vague in telling us their intentions both short term and long term or any information at all. I'm not slagging them but it's not exactly been a smooth start to their reign. Just saying as a see it. Jury is still out for me.
    Same

I can’t decide TBH, on one hand I agree with some of the comments in the OP, on the other things could have been done better since the takeover. I would also add I seem to recall a lot of people at the time thought the transfer window was OK and all we missed out on was a keeper.
    I think for me if JM had come in and stuck to a plan he believed in (see what I did there ��), he perhaps wouldn’t be getting such bad press but constant changes doesn’t instill confidence.

I certainly haven't got 2 faces.
    I never asked for Hecky to be sacked.
    I didn't want the Chinese takeover. As I recall there was only me & SB that spoke out against it (and took stick for it).
    I definitely didn't want this head coach.
    I haven't been over to Oakwell since Boxing Day and don't feel the slightest urge to return anytime soon.
    Football in general doesn't do it for me anymore. I believe Real Madrid are playing B Munich as I type. The wife's watching Coronation Street.
    I haven't watched Match of the Day all season, only fast forward through The Championship, and occasionally watch Goals on Sunday.
    Football to me right now is just something to bet on. It's a bit like wrestling used to be like in the 60's. All hype and no substance.
    You used to have to really do something to get sent off. Now you brush past someone, they hold their face, fall to the ground and you're off.
    Penalties, less than half the penalties given these days are never penalties.
    Twenty years ago I bet there was less than 10 sending offs and 10 penalties in the 4 divisions on a Saturday. Now, I bet there's 30+of each. As for VAR, great idea, rubbish implementation.

I wanted the takeover I’ll admit. Yet to hear of another viable option .

Is it going well, nope .

Will it end up ok ... who knows

They need to get back to the basics , a few seem to look back though like it was a bed of Roses before. Take away the promotion half season and it’s been pretty dire for years and years now . They’re just carrying on the trend.

What I'd really wish for is some comms from the new owners giving a clue as to their intent.
    All we've had is it's a long term investment but to what end ?

Ah well at least next season I'll get to see Keith Hill floundering at Oakwell again !

Every cloud

Err the new owners actually took over on Tuesday December 19th didnt they ?.
    Yes I wanted Hecky sacked and long before he actually left, and I didnt have a clue who this Jose bloke is so I didnt exactly 'want' him in, and I wanted any sort of takeover to happen even not having a clue who Mr Lee & co are.
    There that clears that lovely little mystery up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast