+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Devlin

Michael Devlin

I am most certainly not having a go at Devlin here as the whole situation is not his fault...........

I remember hearing rumblings and whispers a number of weeks back that he may get some game minutes before the end of this season, is that still a possibility
    They guy might be a top class defender (maybe) but there still begs the question irrespective of the ability of our physio and treatment staff. Should we actually be signing players who are not fully fit and ready to walk / run on the the park and play their part. Should we be spunking wages and any signing fees on anyone that we are not sure will make a 100% recovery.

Like I say Devlin might prove to be a great signing but surely this is more a question of DM and his ability to bring the correct players in to the team ready to play and more importantly improve the squad and starting 11

SF
    Last edited by blowupsheep; 26-04-2018 at 03:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    I am most certainly not having a go at Devlin here as the whole situation is not his fault...........

I remember hearing rumblings and whispers a number of weeks back that he may get some game minutes before the end of this season, is that still a possibility
    They guy might be a top class defender (maybe) but there still begs the question irrespective of the ability of our physio and treatment staff. Should we actually be signing players who are not fully fit and ready to walk / run on the the park and play their part. Should we be spunking wages and any signing fees on anyone that we are not sure will make a 100% recovery.

Like I say Devlin might prove to be a great signing but surely this is more a question of DM and his ability to bring the correct players in to the team ready to play and more importantly improve the squad and starting 11

SF

I always wonder how players who are crocked pass medicals

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post

Should we actually be signing players who are not fully fit and ready to walk / run on the the park and play their part. Should we be spunking wages and any signing fees on anyone that we are not sure will make a 100% recovery.
    I personally would rather he did not play in the run in.
    It's too risky with crucial games coming up.
    Far better to let him play as an overage player in the U-20's till the end of the season

It is a risk, no doubt.
    DM wanted him before his injury, so we have taken a gamble to secure his services now with the belief we are getting a better player once recovered from his injury than we have in the squad at the moment.

I'm sure there will be comparisons with Callum Morris, but this is a different player and lets give him a chance to show he can recover and that he is better than we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I always wonder how players who are crocked pass medicals
    Modern medical technology is able to determine how an injury is healing and the potential to recover.
    I'm sure they would have done due diligence on whether they believed he would be able to play again or not.
    They may also believe they could improve his recovery completing his rehabilitation at Aberdeen.

Fair amount of pressure on him already, seeing as our defence is howling. If he’s even halfway decent, he’ll stroll into our starting XI

I’ll be the first to admit I know f*ck all about Hamilton but is he any good? I can’t remember a single thing about him.

It's a gamble, but, in all honesty, had he stayed healthy would we have got him? There was a fair noise from down south about him before he got hurt.
    In an ideal world Devlin and McKenna are our centre half pairing for a decade.
    In the real world we're probably looking at them playing out of their skin for two to three years then selling them on, hopefully for big bucks.

He was apparently going to be fit in March!

Tick tock....

It's a worry that we were so unfit at the start of the season and even now some of our players look unfit. He's got some amount of recovery in front of him yet.

He's the new Callum Morris - does he actually exist?

There's not a chance he'll play this season - he's not played any football (even u-20 bounce games) in 12 months.
    Why would he be thrown in to a big post split game?

If he does exist, it'll be next season before we see him.

I don't remember him being anything outstanding when he played against us for Hamilton.
    There are certain players in the opposition teams that you come up against and you think, "I'd like us to get him"
    Folk like, McGeoch, Kamara at Dundee, Main at 'Well, Jones at Killie etc.....but not Devlin.

We'll see I suppose - he obviously deserves a chance to get fit and a run in the team.
    I hope he recovers from his knee injury better than Stevie May has.

I imagine Derek's plan is to have Devlin & McKenna as the pairing next season.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    He's the new Callum Morris - does he actually exist?
    I knew someone would make that comparison

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I don't remember him being anything outstanding when he played against us for Hamilton.
    There are certain players in the opposition teams that you come up against and you think, "I'd like us to get him"
    Folk like, McGeoch, Kamara at Dundee, Main at 'Well, Jones at Killie etc.....but not Devlin.
    He was outstanding in the two games we played down at Hamilton before he got injured.
    Scored the winner in one whilst kept us out in both games

Not quite sure where the comparisons with Callum Morris would apply, as Morris:-

A- was/is Sh1te
    B- didn't arrive after recovering from a cruciate knee ligament operation

Why do we have to be so negative about every AFC signing? When he signed, DM said it was for NEXT SEASON, but that he MIGHT manage a game or two this season. Maybe he's had other muscle injuries as a side effect of the knee op recovery process.

Is it part of the AberDNA? Perpetually negative about everthing?

I think he'll be a great signing. For next season.
    Last edited by Feck_the_Huns; 26-04-2018 at 11:30 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast