+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Englands World Cup Squad

Englands World Cup Squad

Oxlade-Chamberlain is ruled out of the tourniment with a damaged knee. The same type of injury has happened before the last 3 championships! You think he'd learn!!!!

Harry Kane will lose his form between now and Russia.

Harte will definately be there but will he play? Yes probably because he has experience and that counts for much more than other keepers being better than him.

Harry Maguire will be there!! What a rise he's had and to be honest I don't think he looks out of place. To say he played in the third division not so long ago he's done bloody well for himself.

The other normal over hyped shytes will be there! Ali, Henderson, and that kid who looks like a scruff ready to nick your push bike from Spurs.

Who would be in your squad?

The national team used to feel like part of your extended family, you knew the team, you knew what the players were capable of or not, you'd get excited about seeing them and had genuine high hopes for them. They usually failed in their quest for glory but you were proud of them for trying, because they did their best and were probably mugged by a referee.
    I don't feel that connect anymore. I don't know what players we have beyond the regulars. I'll still support them and hope they do well though.

Hazza. Isnt it the same with domestic clubs? Players come n go... it's usually the ones that stay a few years that become the extended family. Even though I'm not a huge fan vaulks could become ours
    And sometimes a little scallywags wag comes along like Taylor..

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Hazza. Isnt it the same with domestic clubs? Players come n go... it's usually the ones that stay a few years that become the extended family. Even though I'm not a huge fan vaulks could become ours
    And sometimes a little scallywags wag comes along like Taylor..
    Yes there's not much difference really. Under Steve Evans we seemed to have new players every week and at times I felt a bit detached from it, but I still wanted the team to do well, whoever was in it.

Blessing in disguise with Chamberlain, he wouldn’t have done anything in World Cup anyway imo and this is the only way certain players won’t get picked, I don’t want to wish injury on players but if Hart got a slight one just to see him out of games would be good.

Choose the right/ best players you can not just because you’re a yes man and want to please certain people .

Better still, pull out now

Out early anyway.

————Pope
    Maguire Jones Gomez walker
    ——- Henderson dier
    Rashford linguard alli
    Kane

Jones?

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Jones?
    If Rotherham bought him I would be disappointed.Id rather play Terry than Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    If Rotherham bought him I would be disappointed.Id rather play Terry than Jones.
    Apart from terry being retired from international football but if you go down people who retired I’d have beckham Gaza shearer linicker both Neville’s and charlton while we are at it let’s get banks in net.

Easy to say which retired players you’d have not so easy picking a competent back 4 with current players

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast