+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Phoenixx

I was quite sad when I read he has passed away. Never knew the guy or met the guy, but his posts were always a great read and came across as a very decent , knowledgeable bloke.

We haven't even got the pleasure of reading through his old posts on here either, due to them being lost due to the 'upgrade' a few years ago, that is a real shame.

RIP Pheonixx

RIP Phoenixx - the only person I have ever had a discussion on here with about quantum physics & quarks in the context of Aberdeen FC.

An erudite poster.

Very sad news. Didn't know him personally but remember seeing him around the forums from the early 00s. Always had some unique insight to add and rarely seemed to get involved in forum drama.

RIP

This is sad new indeed. Always enjoyed reading his posts when he was a regular on here. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by A1_Dandy View Post
    I've somewhat fallen out of the loop in recent times, but kept in sporadic touch with Phoenix, the last chat being in July.

Life wasn't so easy for him in later years, yet he kept a sense of optimism which was heartening to observe when so much was ganging up against him. Like others, the road he allowed his mind to travel down often wandered far away from anything I could keep up with, but even when not getting where he was coming from, there was a humour and confidence that he knew what he was talking about. I loved all his little gems of wisdom, and sometimes bottle-inspired meanderings. He was a true gent.

Here are some photos taken back in 2004. Peenix (as I called him) had been rather successful in the raffle!

Attachment 9291Attachment 9292Attachment 9293

Rest well, Peenix. It was a privilege to have known you.
    Aye that was the night in the Broady if memory serves me right. He won the six bottles of wine I put in the raffle.
    Met him first back in 2002 in the Donview. Mind that Sneckie.
    A class act till the end.

Nae good, as everyone has commented some great posts over the years.
    RIP

Quote Originally Posted by phuxachemin View Post
    Aye that was the night in the Broady if memory serves me right. He won the six bottles of wine I put in the raffle.
    Met him first back in 2002 in the Donview. Mind that Sneckie.
    A class act till the end.
    Aye, we were fortunate to obtain much sought after tickets for that gig........
    That was my first encounter with him and a few of the H&Rs.

I visited him during his first few days in Roxburghe House, and meant to see him again, but life and its totally inconsequential fripperies conspired against it.

You’ll be glad to know that he was facing the inevitable with his trademark philosphical outlook.

A fine loon who I’ll miss a lot.

RIP Phoenix.

A great loon. Rest in peace, Phoenixx.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast