+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Phoenixx

Phoenixx

Very sad news if his passing today. Despite not having the foggiest about what he was going on about half the time, he was easily the most informative, interesting & entertaining poster on here. By all accounts a top class person as well.

RIP & Stand Free to an illustrious Piscean Red

Aye, top bloke all round.

I knew he had been admitted to Roxburgh House and was just awaiting the news.

RIP min

He's up there now, getting all their star signs wrong.

Had the pleasure of meeting him just the once, what a lovely bloke, very sad news.

Last time I saw Phoenixx was when I moved to Old Aberdeen near where he lived .
    He came round with some vegan chocolates very thoughtful of him back in December he was also one of the nicest guys I've met that's for sure .

He did tell my wife and myself as he knew then his time was limited that he wasn't ready to go as he liked it here .

Pete did say he hadn't forgotten about our coffee back in February but I suppose Pete that coffee is now going to have to wait till we meet up again .

Phoenixx rest in peace mate will miss your company that's for sure .

I've somewhat fallen out of the loop in recent times, but kept in sporadic touch with Phoenix, the last chat being in July.

Life wasn't so easy for him in later years, yet he kept a sense of optimism which was heartening to observe when so much was ganging up against him. Like others, the road he allowed his mind to travel down often wandered far away from anything I could keep up with, but even when not getting where he was coming from, there was a humour and confidence that he knew what he was talking about. I loved all his little gems of wisdom, and sometimes bottle-inspired meanderings. He was a true gent.

Here are some photos taken back in 2004. Peenix (as I called him) had been rather successful in the raffle!

Name:  Phoenix - 13.11.04.jpg
Views: 721
Size:  53.4 KBName:  Phoenix2 - 13.11.04.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  29.4 KBName:  Phoenix3 - 13.11.04.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  51.4 KB

Rest well, Peenix. It was a privilege to have known you.

Quote Originally Posted by A1_Dandy View Post
    I've somewhat fallen out of the loop in recent times, but kept in sporadic touch with Phoenix, the last chat being in July.

Life wasn't so easy for him in later years, yet he kept a sense of optimism which was heartening to observe when so much was ganging up against him. Like others, the road he allowed his mind to travel down often wandered far away from anything I could keep up with, but even when not getting where he was coming from, there was a humour and confidence that he knew what he was talking about. I loved all his little gems of wisdom, and sometimes bottle-inspired meanderings. He was a true gent.

Here are some photos taken back in 2004. Peenix (as I called him) had been rather successful in the raffle!

Name:  Phoenix - 13.11.04.jpg
Views: 721
Size:  53.4 KBName:  Phoenix2 - 13.11.04.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  29.4 KBName:  Phoenix3 - 13.11.04.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  51.4 KB

Rest well, Peenix. It was a privilege to have known you.
    Indeed A1 Dandy. and thanks for sharing these pics of Pete.

Its folk like him that are missing from this place

Definitely one of the best posters ever in my 9 years or whatever

Even if it was not the most understandable of nonesense

RIP min

That's sad news. I used to love his musings on here.
    Rest in peace, Phoenixx.

Very sad news, like others, I used to enjoy his posts.

RIP Phoen, thoughts with Stooge and your family.

Aye, heard that earlier today.
    It's all been said.....top fella, nice, chilled, optimistic, loved his music.
    If you met him in the boozer chances are you'd leave with a CD he'd burned, f u c k knows how big his pockets were but he always seemed to have a stash of CD's in them.

One of the original "hooors and radges" from the days of the official AFC chat ("bring back the auld site Jeff....."), just a right good guy.

Stooge if you still look in here at all, thoughts are with you and yours.

Sad that he never got to enjoy his retirement for way longer than he did, but I'm sure he's nursing a nice Merlot someplace as we speak, contemplating the vagaries of life and the afterlife.

RIP my Buddy, and say hello to the boy that beefed yer aunty if you see him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast