+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We need to win...

We need to win...

However, would it be a disaster Burton beating Bolton this weekend?

Bolton are on 40 pts. If they lose and we beat Brentford us and Burton would be on 41 pts with 1 game left. Burton have a tough last fixture against Preston and we have a shocker away at Derby both fighting for the play-offs.

In this circumstance Bolton could draw with Notts Forest on the last day and we'd still stay up.

That said any win for Bolton and we've fcuked it.

The key to it all is us winning at ooam on Setdi. Even a draw would mek it hard to stay up.

Azzit said in Time Square, New York---"Go Barnsley"

We've had 44 games and two transfer windows .

Two Head Coaches .

I can't remember a season where we dodged as many bullets as we've done , everytime we lost so did the other teams around us .

We have 38 points , it's a paltry amount , we needed to 55 to stay up on goal difference in 2013 .

We've won 8 games , 4 of them against Sunderland and Birmingham

Our last 3 away games were against clubs who had nothing to play for and that yielded zero points and we managed to score a single own goal in reply .

We face two clubs attempting to seal a play off place in our last two games .

There's nothing to suggest given the lack of desire and fight shown by the players that they have the appetite or ability to win at least one of the two remaining games which may not be enough in anycase .

Gentleman , we are fecked .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    We've had 44 games and two transfer windows .

Two Head Coaches .

I can't remember a season where we dodged as many bullets as we've done , everytime we lost so did the other teams around us .

We have 38 points , it's a paltry amount , we needed to 55 to stay up on goal difference in 2013 .

We've won 8 games , 4 of them against Sunderland and Birmingham

Our last 3 away games were against clubs who had nothing to play for and that yielded zero points and we managed to score a single own goal in reply .

We face two clubs attempting to seal a play off place in our last two games .

There's nothing to suggest given the lack of desire and fight shown by the players that they have the appetite or ability to win at least one of the two remaining games which may not be enough in anycase .

Gentleman , we are fecked .
    Tha reight. Summed it up nicely

Pretty much, thats why I'm not as depressed as maybe i ought to be, lookin back on this season, weve had so many chances with other teams losing its been bizarre. We dont deserve to stay up. Nothing in the last few games has given me any confidence whatsoever that we could fashion a result. Be a bit like cheating which ever one stays up cos weve all been dire. So where as obviously i want us to win, its not likely.

Spreading sunshine and happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by bankendbfc View Post
    Pretty much, thats why I'm not as depressed as maybe i ought to be, lookin back on this season, weve had so many chances with other teams losing its been bizarre. We dont deserve to stay up. Nothing in the last few games has given me any confidence whatsoever that we could fashion a result. Be a bit like cheating which ever one stays up cos weve all been dire. So where as obviously i want us to win, its not likely.

Spreading sunshine and happiness.
    That's just it mate, theres definitely a sense of apathy amongst the fans abart all this. Lets just see where we are after 46 games

We might stay up this season... but we're still totally fecked of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    We might stay up this season... but we're still totally fecked of course.
    Come on Tykes give them Bees a feckin sting in the tail and we will be forever grateful and do them brewers for ya. This is how I think it’s going to go for ya in my head anyway. You beat Brentford as your home form recently is definitely on an upturn, burton v Notlob home win putting you both above notlob’s. Last game we beat Burton, you lot grab a last minute winner at Derby or a draw would do as I think Bolton will bottle it at home last game but get the two wins and you won’t have to worry about Bolton. Look Derby are Defo there for the taking and just do what Sunderland did to them which shows anything can happen on the last game.

As the ever optimist I believe Boro can beat Millwall, Villa to thrash Derby and I mean thrash Derby to put them in a miserable mood going into the last game and you lot beat the Bees. We go to Bramall Lane and do the Blunts. It’s going to be quite a weekend so good luck I am heading over to Yawkshire and give it some over in Sheffield.

Quote Originally Posted by gardsPNE View Post
    Come on Tykes give them Bees a feckin sting in the tail and we will be forever grateful and do them brewers for ya. This is how I think it’s going to go for ya in my head anyway. You beat Brentford as your home form recently is definitely on an upturn, burton v Notlob home win putting you both above notlob’s. Last game we beat Burton, you lot grab a last minute winner at Derby or a draw would do as I think Bolton will bottle it at home last game but get the two wins and you won’t have to worry about Bolton. Look Derby are Defo there for the taking and just do what Sunderland did to them which shows anything can happen on the last game.

As the ever optimist I believe Boro can beat Millwall, Villa to thrash Derby and I mean thrash Derby to put them in a miserable mood going into the last game and you lot beat the Bees. We go to Bramall Lane and do the Blunts. It’s going to be quite a weekend so good luck I am heading over to Yawkshire and give it some over in Sheffield.
    I put near enough that scenario up for thread we could win today and stop up on goal difference. Then I woke up. Best of luck pal

Yea, its all possible if unprobable. Normally do ok against the B's. That said tho, this season were so hairy fairy. Thel probably down tools at 1-0 down like usual

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast