+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pre-Match View From Preston

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    That was a curious afternoon at Stamford Bridge, 10 mins to go and we were staying up then Mark Stein.......................

It was a long, miserable journey back not helped by ex MP and Chelsea fan David Mellor, who presented the 909 football phone in in those days, constantly repeating that we doidn't deserve to go down

We'd need Hans Segers in goal for Preston.Brentford, Bristol!
    Hans Seegars - the finest ‘keeper money could buy!

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    Hans Seegars - the finest ‘keeper money could buy!
    Nice line Ronnie.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Nice line Ronnie.
    I see Yorkshire's been rained off again TT,tha must be r8 good at rain dancin. UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    haha same size club as us never will be i just hope our fans arnt too down sat and give the team and management the support they richly deserve but for the coutts injury we would have been in the top 6 comfortably so lets give em a rousing send off utb ftp

I don't think we can blame Coutts injury
    If Barcelona lost Messi for half a season would they drop to mid table ?
    No, they wouldn't because they'd bring somebody else in from the ranks or would have bought someone.
    Messi is as close to being irreplaceable as it gets but Barcelona would just carry on

Are we really going to believe that a club at the top of the Championship can find it impossible to replace Paul Coutts.
    The boardroom had their chance in January, probably the last chance they'll ever get, and they didn't do enough as usual

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    I don't think we can blame Coutts injury
    If Barcelona lost Messi for half a season would they drop to mid table ?
    No, they wouldn't because they'd bring somebody else in from the ranks or would have bought someone.
    Messi is as close to being irreplaceable as it gets but Barcelona would just carry on
    So how do you explain us going from top of the league to five points in nine games immediately after Coutts injury? That's the 9 games from the game at Burton to the opening of the JTW by the way when we couldn't replace him whatever. We also lost Freeman and Brooks around the same time.

League One budget in the Championship is how I explain it. Decent-ish first team but then a dozen squadfillers instead of direct competition for places.

We have a Championship budget when in the Premier League and a League One budget when in the Championship, and then blame anything and everything when we end up relegated

League One is becoming the only place where we can actually compete financially.
    Massive efforts have to be made by the boardroom to get somebody to replace them because none of them have the wherewithal to push us on any further.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123