+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Match View From Preston

Pre-Match View From Preston

Preston's away followin approachin 1500 for Satdi,good effort that.I'm hopin for a good performance from our boys and a win obvs.UTCB

Last away match of the season hour an half away sorry rod 1500 is p_ss poor,they go on about bein a similar size to us there's no way we wouldn't sell out if the fixture was reversed. Don't know where some fans get their opinions from oh for us to be more direct at times instead of taking 3 or 4 mins to get forward. After last weeks debacle I'm expecting a performance and chris has demanded one so I expect us to be up for it (too late I know) but PNE have a very good away record so I can see this finishing all square or maybe them nicking it late on as chris throws everything at em goin for the win

“Sheffield Utd are likely to be more physical and direct“

It amazes me how some people still tag us with this crap

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Last away match of the season hour an half away sorry rod 1500 is p_ss poor,they go on about bein a similar size to us there's no way we wouldn't sell out if the fixture was reversed. Don't know where some fans get their opinions from oh for us to be more direct at times instead of taking 3 or 4 mins to get forward. After last weeks debacle I'm expecting a performance and chris has demanded one so I expect us to be up for it (too late I know) but PNE have a very good away record so I can see this finishing all square or maybe them nicking it late on as chris throws everything at em goin for the win
    No need for sorry's Bully,unlike some BLADESmadders i can accept differin views from posters.I think it's a good effort from their travellin fans,look at our average home gate to what they get,i aint into the we're bigger than so and so cos of crowd size but i would think the average home gate at Deepdale is around 14k,our's is above 25k i think.Early season ticket offer extended to 2nd May.Over 12k have been sold so far.There's a football zone before Satdi's final home game,starts at 11.30am. UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 26-04-2018 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    No need for sorry's Bully,unlike some BLADESmadders i can accept differin views from posters.I think it's a good effort from their travellin fans,look at our average home gate to what they get,i aint into the we're bigger than so and so cos of crowd size but i would think the average home gate at Deepdale is around 14k,our's is above 25k i think.UTCB
    Preston home - 13500

Blades - 26900

Last time they hit 20000 average 1959/60.

Another club in need of Name:  46B860AD-4179-473E-A3C3-B0F2EC46BD12.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  8.9 KB

Bless em they still think they have a chance of getting 6th place.

Quote Originally Posted by mahatmafoot View Post
    Preston home - 13500

Blades - 26900

Last time they hit 20000 average 1959/60.

Another club in need of Name:  46B860AD-4179-473E-A3C3-B0F2EC46BD12.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  8.9 KB
    To be fair to em they do have a gr8 history Mahatma,Proud Preston.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    To be fair to em they do have a gr8 history Mahatma,Proud Preston.UTCB
    Another one who hasn't won owt much since the 1950's (more recent than us, I know...).

They do have the distinction of having won all four top leagues, along with ourselves, Wolves and Burnley.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Another one who hasn't won owt much since the 1950's (more recent than us, I know...).

They do have the distinction of having won all four top leagues, along with ourselves, Wolves and Burnley.
    They were known as the Invincables at one time i believe(Around the turn of the 20th century mi thinks)Where's Ronaldo when ya need him? UTCB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast