+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Match View From Preston

haha same size club as us never will be i just hope our fans arnt too down sat and give the team and management the support they richly deserve but for the coutts injury we would have been in the top 6 comfortably so lets give em a rousing send off utb ftp

Yes, Rod , they were known as 'The Invincibles' after their first season ,in the first season, the League was formed -1988-89. There were only 12 teams- thus 22 games. PNE won 18 and drew the other 4 to win the league by 11 points. They also won the cup in the same season.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    “Sheffield Utd are likely to be more physical and direct“

It amazes me how some people still tag us with this crap
    zzzzzzzzzzz no idea...but interesting how long a tag lasts

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    They were known as the Invincables at one time i believe(Around the turn of the 20th century mi thinks)Where's Ronaldo when ya need him? UTCB
    Other than United, PNE were my favourite team in the early 50’s. They always seemed to beat that lot from S6. Tom Finney was a genius and Tommy Docherty scared the **** out of Wendy’s super star inside forwards.
    They were a very good side back then, but like many other teams, the scrapping of the maximum wage meant they could no longer compete with the big boys. A shame really.

Heading over to Bramall Lane on Saturday with my daughter and looking forward to visiting a real football ground with similar history to ours. It’s a feckin long time since we were in the Prem (old div 1) and certainly not in my time as a Nobber since 1979.

Cannot call this game and can go either way but i am definitely clinging onto play-off hopes (I know don’t say it) until it’s mathematically impossible and why not you never know. One thing I Defo want to happen is them Rams get a good spanking off Villa and let’s be honest here god only knows how Derby are back in a playoff spot. (Thanks Cardiff) which pretty much buggers both of us up.

Quote Originally Posted by gardsPNE View Post
    Heading over to Bramall Lane on Saturday with my daughter and looking forward to visiting a real football ground with similar history to ours. It’s a feckin long time since we were in the Prem (old div 1) and certainly not in my time as a Nobber since 1979.

Cannot call this game and can go either way but i am definitely clinging onto play-off hopes (I know don’t say it) until it’s mathematically impossible and why not you never know. One thing I Defo want to happen is them Rams get a good spanking off Villa and let’s be honest here god only knows how Derby are back in a playoff spot. (Thanks Cardiff) which pretty much buggers both of us up.
    I hope ya a safe journey and that you both enjoy visitin BEAUTIFUL DOWNTOWN BRAMALL LANE,i also hope you go home disapointed after losin the game. UTCB

they will

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Last away match of the season hour an half away sorry rod 1500 is p_ss poor,they go on about bein a similar size to us there's no way we wouldn't sell out if the fixture was reversed. Don't know where some fans get their opinions from oh for us to be more direct at times instead of taking 3 or 4 mins to get forward. After last weeks debacle I'm expecting a performance and chris has demanded one so I expect us to be up for it (too late I know) but PNE have a very good away record so I can see this finishing all square or maybe them nicking it late on as chris throws everything at em goin for the win
    Agree with the following being poor, Last match of the season away for them and having a slightly better chance than us of sneaking into the play-offs.

As for the doom and gloom surrounding our play off chances (Pretty much zero I agree) think back to when we were in the Premier League and we played Chelsea last game of the season where the chances of us going down were similar odds to us getting in the play offs tomorrow, (And we all know what happened don't we !!!)

I am just saying like that wierd things happen in Football and perhaps when we are down at Bristol the play off picture will chop and change throughout the 90 minutes and if we took an early lead we could find ourselves in a play off position at 3-12pm and back out again at 3-20 etc,

Couldn't write it really, ? Hope so - COYRAWW
    Last edited by Currieisgod; 27-04-2018 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    I hope ya a safe journey and that you both enjoy visitin BEAUTIFUL DOWNTOWN BRAMALL LANE,i also hope you go home disapointed after losin the game. UTCB
    Thanks to the 1st part and normally it’s not a happy hunting ground in recent times except in the cup replay a few seasons ago but I have a sneaky feeling we may just get the 3pts

I will tell you what though the money both our clubs have spent to put our respective squads together I think both our managers are working minor miracles.

Good luck for next season but not the weekend sorry lads

Quote Originally Posted by Currieisgod View Post
    Agree with the following being poor, Last match of the season away for them and having a slightly better chance than us of sneaking into the play-offs.

As for the doom and gloom surrounding our play off chances (Pretty much zero I agree) think back to when we were in the Premier League and we played Chelsea last game of the season where the chances of us going down were similar odds to us getting in the play offs tomorrow, (And we all know what happened don't we !!!)

I am just saying like that wierd things happen in Football and perhaps when we are down at Bristol the play off picture will chop and change throughout the 90 minutes and if we took an early lead we could find ourselves in a play off position at 3-12pm and back out again at 3-20 etc,

Couldn't write it really, ? Hope so - COYRAWW
    That was a curious afternoon at Stamford Bridge, 10 mins to go and we were staying up then Mark Stein.......................

It was a long, miserable journey back not helped by ex MP and Chelsea fan David Mellor, who presented the 909 football phone in in those days, constantly repeating that we doidn't deserve to go down

We'd need Hans Segers in goal for Preston.Brentford, Bristol!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast