+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The FA to consider selling Wembley...

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    They will have to be another one built if this goes through, they will never get a crowd as big as they get at Wembley with touring. It’s a stupid idea.

When I saw a England qualifying game at Wembley it was full 89500 ish turned up, there’s not another stadium who can hold that many in England, closest is Man Us at 75000 and if they plan to tour then FA will lose money each game.

FA don’t do sense though do they

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    FA don’t do sense though do they
    What do you exspect from a football organisation ran by a biscuit man

When Wembley was being built and the team was touring the country i thought it was great to be honest, giving many more folk the chance to see the national team in action, but that was a short term thing, i would agree with a national stadium in the midlands, having said that, Wembley is the natural home of English football, that cannot be discounted on a whim can it?

FA have fined Wigan 12,500 for pitch invasion v Man C maybe that can go towards a new mini Wembley

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    When Wembley was being built and the team was touring the country i thought it was great to be honest, giving many more folk the chance to see the national team in action, but that was a short term thing, i would agree with a national stadium in the midlands, having said that, Wembley is the natural home of English football, that cannot be discounted on a whim can it?
    It would be nice to have it in York close to teams like Man U city and Liverpool and accessible to everyone in England and friendlys they can play wherever they want they rarely get over 60,000 for a friendly, but qualification games bring huge crowds. Not to mention what are they gonna do about the people who bought a corporate seat, they may not like nfl.

Agree with the midlands thing, Wembley is a great stadium, the place? you're playing politics again...
    You think it's a nice place?

It's run-down and horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    You think it's a nice place?

It's run-down and horrible.
    It's a massive city, and you'll find run down areas in every city in the world, there's also plenty of the capital not run down at all, but that wouldn't suit your narrative would it. I enjoy visiting every year to be honest.

Should have been in Yorkshire. We have an airport near Doncaster that is crying out for expansion which is happening I believe. There are smart motorways giving access to and from the west, east and the midlands, and maybe to the southern doubters that think its cold up north. Seriously, Yorkshire is the heart of England.

It's a massive city, and you'll find run down areas in every city in the world, there's also plenty of the capital not run down at all, but that wouldn't suit your narrative would it. I enjoy visiting every year to be honest.
    Barnsley fans agree, it's located in a ****-tip:

http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/ful...embley.267725/

The stadium isn't that great either, better than the old one but not what it should have been i.e. like the Allianz Arena.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Barnsley fans agree, it's located in a ****-tip:

http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/ful...embley.267725/

The stadium isn't that great either, better than the old one but not what it should have been i.e. like the Allianz Arena.
    Ah, so to try and justify your argument you've gone to a football forum for back up!! The stadium is great in my opinion, nd what makes the allianz arena better?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast