+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Somewhere in a foreign field....

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    Hi Fred, my book is called "A Piece of the Action" by Graham Price, I have had to write it as fiction which will become clear as you read it. I was a tracker and Malay linguist with 42 Commando in Borneo and I have included some action from that war zone.
    Claw84: Proof that stereotypes don't apply to everyone, even Millwall fans.

Respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Marley past ghosts View Post
    whats that got to do with the price of fish ?

rupert brooke is buried in greece , and he wrote the poem , try telling that to the thousands of the relatives of the soldiers who are buried in france , belgium, holland , italy, and many other cemetaries across the world , that the same sentence does not apply to them and they would laugh at ya.
    You claim to read poetry, but seem incapable of mastering the rudimentary basics of the English language.

Quote Originally Posted by BenidormBlanco View Post
    You claim to read poetry, but seem incapable of mastering the rudimentary basics of the English language.
    more to do with history , rather than english and punctuation , nobody is gifted in every department , not even me fella.

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    Hi Fred, my book is called "A Piece of the Action" by Graham Price, I have had to write it as fiction which will become clear as you read it. I was a tracker and Malay linguist with 42 Commando in Borneo and I have included some action from that war zone.
    Ordered and picking it up on Monday Claw mate.

Had a "hoofin" time being attached to the ASRM's for 6 years and I am still in touch with quite a few of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Marley past ghosts View Post
    more to do with history , rather than english and punctuation , nobody is gifted in every department , not even me fella.
    Gosh - you don’t say - I’ve heard Mrs Marley says that about you too ......

F00ks sake, even this thread, which it might have been hoped was immune, given the subject, is turned to sh1t in three posts. Fkn hopeless. The ONLY way this 'situation' is going to resolve itself is if no-one, not once, responds to any post at all ever by 'you know who'.

Quote Originally Posted by fredlufc74 View Post

Had a "hoofin" time being attached to the ASRM's for 6 years and I am still in touch with quite a few of them.
    Lots of respect to both of you for serving

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    F00ks sake, even this thread, which it might have been hoped was immune, given the subject, is turned to sh1t in three posts. Fkn hopeless. The ONLY way this 'situation' is going to resolve itself is if no-one, not once, responds to any post at all ever by 'you know who'.
    true and apologies

Quote Originally Posted by fredlufc74 View Post

Good for you Fred,I served with several lads from Yorkshire, top lads. As a matter of interest my book has been read by Admiral McRaven, recently retired C.O. of the U.S. Seals.I would value any feedback when you have read it, either here or on the Millwall board.

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    I agree with Taff, a great thread from honest fans.....who I tip my cap too, with the upmost respect, tried to be ruined by a creep who's not fit to lick their boots.....and too much of a chicken Schitt to wear them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)