+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wembley: a complete bal lache

Wembley: a complete bal lache

Really thinking of giving it a miss this time and watching it on the telly.

I hate all the yankee razzmatazz and the booming music.

Revell's goal last time was sublime but it salvaged another wise hum-drum experience.

The two legs against Preston were far more enjoyable and it felt like being at a football match rather than the Superbowl.

I really hope that one year they will revert to a two legged final or a one off match at a real football ground.

Got a feeling Charlton will save us the trouble of the Wembley experience anyway.

Ah come on don't be down be proud of what we've achieved this season. Way beyond anyone's expectations at the club and of the fans.

Know what you mean though about a roaring smaller crowd like the second leg at ours against Preston, even though they took the lead.

Probably the best ever atmosphere I've witnessed at a game at NYS.

Not down on our achievements Brin. Delighted with the season.

But we overuse Wembley. It has no mystique anymore. Too many clubs have played there now. It's nowt special.

Put it like this FA CUP semi finals don't stay in the memory anymore but the old ones at Villa Park, Old Trafford etc were real events....anticipating Wembley.

Would love our play off final to be either two legs or at Villa Park.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post

Revell's goal last time was sublime but it salvaged another wise hum-drum experience.

The two legs against Preston were far more enjoyable and it felt like being at a football match rather than the Superbowl.

I really hope that one year they will revert to a two legged final or a one off match at a real football ground.

Got a feeling Charlton will save us the trouble of the Wembley experience anyway.
    You obviously didn't drink enough...

One of the best footy days of my life.

But yes, Charlton away first leg - great for me in that I can go to the game, but not so great in that I worry we'll get stuffed again!

I agree mate, the Shermans are slowly taking over our beloved sport. Whatever next? American owners? Cheerleaders? NFL? Wembley? Four quarters for TV ads? Good heavens.

If you pull a sad face at such days in the life of RUFC and look at it's history then your user name is a very fine fit .

Perhaps a league two home game to Exeter City at the DVS holds some nostalgic appeal ?

You barely broke 3k as I remember .

Three days in the history of BFC surpass everything I've seen in 51 years supporting my club , promotion to the PL , 21 years as of yesterday and two wembley victories .

Nothing I understand about your OP mate , you should savour such days , they aren't guaranteed by a long shot .

Have to agree IBS, I hate all the traffic jams, inflated prices (our fans were priceless walking down Wembley way, all you hear was people saying "ow much!") the queuing, waiting for the Rawmish idiot whose got on the wrong coach as two numbers is difficult to remember, the waiting 2 hours to get out of the car part, the £5 a pint for sh1tty Carlsberg...and the long smelly journey back.

Done it three times, pub for me...if we get there

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    I agree mate, the Shermans are slowly taking over our beloved sport. Whatever next? American owners? Cheerleaders? NFL? Wembley? Four quarters for TV ads? Good heavens.
    What they really don't like is scores like 1-0 and 1-1.

Not enough points man!

It would be 10 points for a goal if they ran football.

They also hate any passing sideways or backwards so you would only be able to pass forward as well.

It would be "yeah we won 30-20 with a fourth quarter ree-verse."
    Last edited by great_fire; 27-04-2018 at 02:37 PM.

This time around I'm favouring my baronial armchair.

In any case, like IBS I don't expect us to be involved but I will be proud and pleased as a football in the groin, deposited there by Fan Of The Year, ....no, no can't remember his name. Is his name something to do with the law of his land?

Ah! Got it now. Kerr Avon is the man.

Totally agree about Wembley, it's lost the attraction years ago. If play off semi's end with North and South teams, then play at Villa Park.2 from the north play at the Pig sty. 2 Southern teams can do want they want..........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast