+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FA to sell Wembley

FA to sell Wembley

For 900 million to Fulham owner ... WTF is this all about? It's our national stadium and should never be sold ..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43906272

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    For 900 million to Fulham owner ... WTF is this all about? It's our national stadium and should never be sold ..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43906272
    Dont worry Alf, its not as if Bumley are ever gonna need it.

There were good articles about it in the Evening Standard Alf.

he offered to buy it rather than them wanting to sell. the issue with Wembley is it has tied up a lot of money the FA want to pump into grass roots football. Far from a done deal but FA have a few caveats if the deal ever gets done - stadium must always be called Wembley, right to play there.

the FA apparently wants to play more games around the country so on one level it makes sense.

the Fulham owner owners the Jacksonville Panthers and would love to move them to London hence his offer to buy Wembley as he would base them there.

Far from clear the deal will be done but interesting offer.

It's up to 900 million now H.and I wonder how many back pockets will have to be filled before it takes place.. Won't be much left for grass roots football will there and who wants to watch boring American football it's on a par with rugby Yawnion for a cure to insomnia ..

For 'grass roots' my arse. This will just fill the pockets of the crooks in the FA, theres billions of pounds in the premier league TV deal alone they don't need to sell our national stadium.

Hope they sell it and muck the deal up so badly that England can't play there. Find it much more interesting when they're playing at club grounds anyway rather than that passionless bowl of despair.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    For 'grass roots' my arse. This will just fill the pockets of the crooks in the FA, theres billions of pounds in the premier league TV deal alone they don't need to sell our national stadium.

Hope they sell it and muck the deal up so badly that England can't play there. Find it much more interesting when they're playing at club grounds anyway rather than that passionless bowl of despair.
    The F.A. Should change to the F.U.F. ( F**ked up football ). That's what they've done to what used to be the people's game in this country. They have created a fat cats league for the few, any club who tries to compete with the gang of six ( you know who they are ) risks going bankrupt or ****ting themselves every season in case they get relegated. These greedy sods want even more of the cake at the expense of every other club in the leagues below them. They rake in the cash from T.V. rights and changing things to suit their elite members. The F.A. Cup ,which the big clubs are not bothered about unless they have no chance in the League and Europe, has been changed out of recognition. Semis at Wembley, no replays in latter stages etc have diluted one of the great tournaments just in case it tires out their 24 man squads. I know we fielded a weekend team at Newport in one of this seasons most stupid decisions but I have a apathy to the F.A. Cup and the premiership although I still hope to see my club return there before I snuff it. The F.A. Is no friend of Leeds United they would criticise us for playing in Burma ( Prefer its old name ) while taking part in the World Cup in a Russian state that back a Assad in Syria.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)