+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tony to sell?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    I'd say at the very least £33m. Whether or not it's £33m of his own wealth, I don't know.
    Well that's amazing but my point is that Tony and his associates would probably want that sum of money back , minimum .

With all due respect nobody is going to pay £33m for Rotherham United .

Patrick Cryne received £20m for our club , a championship club at least £12m in profit by comparison .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I saw that Brin , it stated Tony Stewart had put £33m in to Rotherham United .

Is this true ?
    Animallittle3, Did he say though that he would consider selling up if it was a serious?

Ron Hull has always been in the background but never to the forefront, does Ron Hull own any shares or is it a total Stewart lock in?

Animal, I doubt he wants to sell right now, and no one is suggesting our club would exchange hands for £33m. There is a bigger plan to utilise the current empty retail/business spaces that the stadium has, but this is being hindered by the lack of progress with the old Guest and Crimes building.

Also, nearby Forge Island is the subject of a multi million pound redevelopment project which will be a leisure and entertainment area, similar to Centertainment for example.

If that happens, it reshapes the town centre, putting the stadium and it's facilities right next door to where the action is. There is so much potential but not enough happening at the moment, but when it does happen, TS is sat on a gold mine.

BTW you might like to change that 'championship' comment 😜

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Animallittle3, Did he say though that he would consider selling up if it was a serious?

Ron Hull has always been in the background but never to the forefront, does Ron Hull own any shares or is it a total Stewart lock in?
    He said he would sell but the deal wasn't all about the money , he would have to be convinced the deal was right for your club .

He stated that he lived in Rotherham and was aware that he any subsequent deal that was detrimental to the club would make his life uncomfortable .

He quoted the move to the DVS as an example of the stick he could receive .

Personally I think you should thank your lucky stars you have Tony Stewart .

Animal, I doubt he wants to sell right now, and no one is suggesting our club would exchange hands for £33m. There is a bigger plan to utilise the current empty retail/business spaces that the stadium has, but this is being hindered by the lack of progress with the old Guest and Crimes building.

Also, nearby Forge Island is the subject of a multi million pound redevelopment project which will be a leisure and entertainment area, similar to Centertainment for example.

If that happens, it reshapes the town centre, putting the stadium and it's facilities right next door to where the action is. There is so much potential but not enough happening at the moment, but when it does happen, TS is sat on a gold mine.

BTW you might like to change that 'championship' comment 😜
    At the time the club was sold we sat above the relegation zone , the transfer window was about to open with half the season to go .

What's occurred since is a tragedy and a shambles .

With a common sense approach we would have survived , a totally self inflicted puppet show mate .

It's going to get seriously toxic down there unless major change is forthcoming .

He said he would sell but the deal wasn't all about the money , he would have to be convinced the deal was right for your club .

He stated that he lived in Rotherham and was aware that he any subsequent deal that was detrimental to the club would make his life uncomfortable .

He quoted the move to the DVS as an example of the stick he could receive .

Personally I think you should thank your lucky stars you have Tony Stewart .
    That is similar to what I was told. So he is up for selling up IF the right buyer(s) came forward.

Animal I am forever grateful for what Tony Stewart has done for our club. I hope he carries on for many years yet.
    I don't want our club to end up in the hands of some elusive foreign so called billionaire who doesn't give a toss about the club and who sees it as just another commodity that can be easily disposed of.

TS may not be the richest chairman around, but I do feel that he is genuine and cares about the club.

I saw that Brin , it stated Tony Stewart had put £33m in to Rotherham United .

Is this true ?
    He's borrowed 20m to build the stadium. Not his money but he's the guarentor. The club generate enough to cover that loan through ticket sales.

He's put a lot of money into the club as interest free loans so the club owes him that.

He's paid for a shyte load of sponsorship which I pressume isn't a returnable sum. In fact his company will have got something back in the way of sales. That won't be counted.

On the back of that there are a couple of million worth of players as assets.

Selling up to the NFL I heard. The team will be The New York Yankers (or something like that)

Animal I am forever grateful for what Tony Stewart has done for our club. I hope he carries on for many years yet.
    I don't want our club to end up in the hands of some elusive foreign so called billionaire who doesn't give a toss about the club and who sees it as just another commodity that can be easily disposed of.

TS may not be the richest chairman around, but I do feel that he is genuine and cares about the club.
    Hear, hear.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast