+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tony to sell?

I honestly don't think you do it on purpose, but its tiresome how often you refer matters to barnsley. I kind of get it, its your club, to you they're the most important thing. But its not my club. Just by way of comparison, go onto the Barnsley Bulletin Board and see how many non barnsley posts or posters,are on there.

Dont get me wrong, its flattering that you want to read about and engage with the mighty millers but please, please try not to always reference BFC or Barnsley in general.

You are really living up to your name Grumpy King of the West after joining two years ago, posting once and then nothing until two replies here

As for Billy Boy Animal, I was lucky enough to be working for the company that had naming rights to the Oakland Colosseum during that period and had unlimited free tickets. The A's were certainly punching well above their weight but just couldn't take that extra step and win a playoff series. They are still my MLB team of choice and have no chance of winning anything with my history of being a jinx to teams I follow.

I was one of the original posters CAM back in the deano and big rich days, possibly before your time. Im talking years and years ago. Used to joust on here for hours with gino et al. I ceased posting because the site, (a) became difficult to navigate due to adverts, and (b) became very cliquey!!

I still view MM most days but now mostly post on the facebook group.

It is because I view the site on a regular basis that I am able to offer an opinion that animal and the other barnsley visitor acido take threads away from rotherham and onto barnsley on a far too regular basis. As I say, that is my opinion. I find it frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by gkotw View Post
    I was one of the original posters CAM back in the deano and big rich days, possibly before your time. Im talking years and years ago. Used to joust on here for hours with gino et al. I ceased posting because the site, (a) became difficult to navigate due to adverts, and (b) became very cliquey!!

I still view MM most days but now mostly post on the facebook group.

It is because I view the site on a regular basis that I am able to offer an opinion that animal and the other barnsley visitor acido take threads away from rotherham and onto barnsley on a far too regular basis. As I say, that is my opinion. I find it frustrating.
    No, definitely not before my time as I've been around since Millers Online back in 1996 and I thought I remembered the GKOTW moniker from when you used to use it in its expanded form. Are you in Bedfordshire or maybe that was someone else with a 4-5 part name?

As for the Barnsley lads, of course you are free to have your opinion. For what it's worth I much prefer their input on here to that of some of the other 'characters'.

Not bedfordshire, no. Good old Roth.

There was a time back in the day, late 90s, early 00s I was never off the site. The ex wife even sited as one of the grounds for divorce as an "obsession with Rotherham United". I kid you not! I thought about contesting the divorce and turning up to court dressed in full millers kit for a laugh. My solicitor advised against it, lol.

Back to the matter at hand, I work in barnsley and have a great many friends there but I do honestly find one of their traits to be a desire, almost a need, to talk about Barnsley. They think its the centre of the universe. I reiterate, its not done through malice and I dont even think its a conscious thing. It just becomes a tad tiresome. I used to view MM as a little piece of Rotherham solace. Does that make sense?

One last point, the site became very toxic a while back. Thankfully that seems to have subdued a little. The downside is that it now seems dead. The Fb group is vibrant (albeit with some pillocks on there).

Never try to explain MM or RUFC to a woman who's not a football fan, it's simply a waste of time and effort as I've learned to my cost.

It's bugging me now who it was in Bedfordshire, maybe TheDarkSatanicMiller, I'll have to dig out my old PL tables as I think he used to play?

PS Good to see you back on here. Stay around for a while and help keep the momentum for improvement!
    Last edited by CAMiller; 28-04-2018 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Never try to explain MM or RUFC to a woman who's not a football fan, it's simply a waste of time and effort as I've learned to my cost.

It's bugging me now who it was in Bedfordshire, maybe TheDarkSatanicMiller, I'll have to dig out my old PL tables as I think he used to play?

PS Good to see you back on here. Stay around for a while and help keep the momentum for improvement!
    Wasn't darksatanicmiller the previous name of RedandGreen? From Bradford

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Wasn't darksatanicmiller the previous name of RedandGreen? From Bradford
    It does sound like a moniker someone from Bradford would take. Maybe I'm thinking of TheDarkHorse?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    It does sound like a moniker someone from Bradford would take. Maybe I'm thinking of TheDarkHorse?
    I remember Grumpy very well from years back. Can't remember anyone from Bedfordshire though.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234