+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dead Fish Eyes , Nottingham Forest And The Current Situation ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Yeah I wasn't disagreeing with Animal. I just wanted more information which he supplied. Now I've heard about the Evans/ Knasmullner situation I'm inclined to agree with him.

However, when I posted I didn't know this. I didn't want to nail my colours to the mast so to speak like I've been guilty of in this past. I can see good and bad in most situations.

I wasn't 100 % against Heckingbottom. I just couldn't understand why he wasn't put under more scrutiny. The same with Cryne. That's in the past as you quite rightly said last night mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    Just a few points Animal.I never saw the fight for Hecky when we went 1 win in 20 games.As for behind the scenes we have a 3 man British recruitment staff,a director of finance and a board of very wealthy men who I'm sure will work day and night to get us back to the championship if we go down and to push us further up the league if we survive.As for the January window this board backed Hecky to the tune of 7 players.I don't buy into the ones that have worked were picked by Paul and the ones that haven't were picked by the club.Just remember what P.H said in a Radio Sheffield interview."I sign the players I want.If the board signed players I didn't want they would be wasting there money because I wouldn't play them"
    Hecky dealt with a multiple choice system regarding recruitment which isn't to be confused with having a free hand .

The spreadsheet would identify 3 or 4 choices and he picked from those offerings , that's hardly signing who you want , that's still restrictive and that's without factoring the age limitation .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Hecky dealt with a multiple choice system regarding recruitment which isn't to be confused with having a free hand .

The spreadsheet would identify 3 or 4 choices and he picked from those offerings , that's hardly signing who you want , that's still restrictive and that's without factoring the age limitation .
    Regarding the French player we tried to sign.Hecky said " he has improved since last season" That says to me he was well aware of the player and keen to sign him.I feel at the moment Jose is taking all the flak for another mans team.

Regarding the French player we tried to sign.Hecky said " he has improved since last season" That says to me he was well aware of the player and keen to sign him.I feel at the moment Jose is taking all the flak for another mans team.

Hecky did very well to toe the party line in my opinion bill .

Do you honestly believe two young french midfielders who were not even regular choices at their clubs were the targets Hecky was really interested in given our league position ?

Give the former HC some credit please , he wasn't the total package but he wasn't an idiot either .

Bill it's all about opinions but the present HC isn't suitable for this club again in my opinion .

The stories coming out of the club tend to back that up .

I suppose with a relegation threatening some body as to take the blame.I just think Jose is taking more than his fair share.As a massive P.H fan I'm sorry to have to point the finger at him but 1 win in 20 tells its own story.

I suppose with a relegation threatening some body as to take the blame.I just think Jose is taking more than his fair share.As a massive P.H fan I'm sorry to have to point the finger at him but 1 win in 20 tells its own story.
    I think personally we have to look on both HC's tenures objectively and highlight the devil in the detail .

Hecky started the season with a new squad who hadn't played together , there were some remaining heads granted but he had the job of filtering the new guys in .

We were woefully short of fire power up top after the McBurnie fiasco .

To be fair he didn't do too bad to begin with , the wheels started to come off as we entered early winter .

The points he collected early doors were possibly a result of the league not settling down but none the less we were doing ok .

Jose's had the benefit of Moore and McBurnie plus a group with just over half a season of familiarity , it's not much but it's relevant I feel .

I think if you look across this board objectively and the comments posted there are plenty of people getting kicked at the moment and the HC is far from alone .

Dont actually mind the current process and principal behind the idea, including both the spreadsheet and a HC, BUT it needs tweaking. Two main changes for me. 1) A Football person with authority on the top table, a Director of Football if you want a title. The DF and HC would then work very closely to identify what type of player they want to fit, Spreadsheet then used to identify, HC & DF agree targets/names, GG then would work down list to sign. 2) Set criteria of spreadsheet to suit team, sometimes it will be under 25 with resale, sometimes an old head.

Somebody mentioned Darren Moore earlier, I cant help think someone like that in this team and we would have been safe by now.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

I appreciate the level of players are a world apart but Mourinho is on record saying both Chelsea and Man U work this way. He tells them he wants a no.10, they agree a list of prospects, the CEO then works down the list.

Quote Originally Posted by lk311 View Post
    I appreciate the level of players are a world apart but Mourinho is on record saying both Chelsea and Man U work this way. He tells them he wants a no.10, they agree a list of prospects, the CEO then works down the list.
    I appreciate what you say mate but you have kind of answered the question .

There are only so many number 10's available that are capable of playing for Chelsea or Man Utd .

" I want a striker "

" Here you go Jose , Griezman , Muller , Lukau , Benzyma , or Eddison Cavani .

Different ball game isn't it ? , the list is short because the quality is top notch .

You can't really compare the top clubs model and our own in my opinion .

The thing that 's going to relegate us was one key moment after Norwich away the team starting to click playing some nice football two wins two draws four unbeaten. Barnes on fire. Hecky thinks he's Mourinho and makes three changes for Cardiff game and we lose. Saving legs for Leeds game we lose that too. Seven**** games later away at Sunderland next win.

I blame Hecky. He set rot in on the pitch where it matters most. The players lost their "belief" under Hecky. The players lost their confidence under Hecky. The players were defensive under Hecky.

It can't be underestimated what a job Morais took on with transfer window shut and players lacking heart, fight and commitment. Yes he's his faults but I can't bring myself to blame Morais. 15 games isn't nowhere near enough.

Hecky should have been sacked and us fans are as much to blame for him not being with that stupid " he's one of our own" sh1te. Kept him in a job that. New board were frightened to death of sacking him.

They've got brass they should have grown a pair.

They are both to blame. Heckys teed it up and morais as taken it over the line come 5pm. But the players ave been soft as sh1te this season, no tacklers no guile no quality. Teams like that go down.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast