+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wealth not football......

Wealth not football......

Shahid Khan, the Fulham Owner who's set to buy Wembley for £600M!, a quarter of London is owned by the Russians and the Chinese, now the Asians are moving in, the Shard is owned by the Saudi's I believe.
    Why here?, investment is always a good thing but these investments are all for the wrong reasons especially in football, Fulhams Craven Cottage is probably located in one of the most exclusive parts of the country, located on the northern banks of the river Thames, Fulham could be the next Chelsea with this fella in charge a Billionaire that could buy anything he wanted.
    okay London, it's wet, damp, filthy dirty, smelly, it's has a sewer flowing through it, cabs in cab ranks with their engines running polluting the air, cycle lanes, prostitution, bigger crime rate than New York so why the attraction with these foreign investors?
    In any event I dread to think what state we'd be in without it to be honest.
    £750 million pounds is to be invested in London's cycle lanes while the Police and Firefighters are being cut because we couldn't afford to employ them, something don't seem right to me,
    Back to football, it cost a reported £800M to build Wembley then they sell it for £600M, don't make sense to me, same goes for the West Ham owners regarding selling the stadium for profit,
    I'm ranting cause I've just been clamped, w*****s.

No Es***, I read elsewhere that the offer is 1.1 billion, so a profit of around 300 million.
    But even if your figure is right, the question is whether the FA has recouped the difference in the intervening years?
    I think they have, or they can also claim a share of future earnings.