+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The new kit

Now that is not good!

Certainly seems to be the colours of Dumfries FC 1912-15 (Away kit 2018-19) and the KOSB colours were light blue 1908-19 (Third kit 2018-19).

As said earlier Dumfries FC never showed up at the meeting to form Queen of the South in March 1919 and was left to KOSB and Arrol Johnston to form the new club.
    Last edited by ALBERTZ_11; 28-04-2018 at 02:04 PM.

My original thoughts were that although Queen of the South F.C. per se did not play in the claret and amber kit it was (based on HK representation) the kit of the merged clubs who later morphed into QoS. On that basis I was happy to accept the kit as being based on the "roots" of our club. However based on the information above from Iain about Dumfries F.C. having no connection it does indeed seem to be an error in research.
    However, that notwithstanding we should remember that this kit still has significant revenue raising potential for the club and on that basis I would not like to see it being rejected out of hand to become an expensive white elephant. The centenary year offers a unique opportunity to generate much needed funds for the club and any kind of boycott based on historical authenticity can now only harm that potential.
    I will put my head above the parapet and say yes, I'll buy it !!!

If Dumfries FC had attended the meeting in the New Bazaar building in March 1919 we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    If Dumfries FC had attended the meeting in the New Bazaar building in March 1919 we wouldn't be having this conversation.
    Initial meeting to form the club was not at the Bazaar. Dumfries FC were invited to become part to the new club but declined.

Quote Originally Posted by shugg1e1919 View Post
    My original thoughts were that although Queen of the South F.C. per se did not play in the claret and amber kit it was (based on HK representation) the kit of the merged clubs who later morphed into QoS. On that basis I was happy to accept the kit as being based on the "roots" of our club. However based on the information above from Iain about Dumfries F.C. having no connection it does indeed seem to be an error in research.
    However, that notwithstanding we should remember that this kit still has significant revenue raising potential for the club and on that basis I would not like to see it being rejected out of hand to become an expensive white elephant. The centenary year offers a unique opportunity to generate much needed funds for the club and any kind of boycott based on historical authenticity can now only harm that potential.
    Me to, I will be buying it. Hope they bring it out as a polo as well.
    must be a good looking strip, even my wife likes it lol

Anyone got any pictures of the third strip yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by shugg1e1919 View Post
    Agree on all counts.

Quote Originally Posted by ODB View Post
    Initial meeting to form the club was not at the Bazaar. Dumfries FC were invited to become part to the new club but declined.
    Always thought the meeting was in that building. There's a plaque outside is there not? I know that Dumfries FC declined.

Quote Originally Posted by DouglasQOS View Post
    Anyone got any pictures of the third strip yet ?
    Not yet...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)