+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The new kit

The new kit

Regarding the new kit, well the 'away' shirt to be more exact, I wonder who did the research into the colours and who made the decision to go with them? Yes, it does look good, but in my opinion those colours have nothing at all to do with Queen of the South Football Club. It is obvious that the colours used have been taken from the Historical Kits website, but the colours in question are under the year span of 1912-1915, four years before Queens were even formed!
    I was recently given a photograph of the 5th KRV's in 1889, taken at Palmerston incidentally, and the shirts are simply one colour.
    It is common knowledge that the first shirts that Queens wore were "royal blue jerseys and white knickers", so why 'create' something totally irrelevant to the club's history.
    Personally, I also think a different badge should have been adapted to mark the occasion.

ODB - i already posted earlier this evening on the shirt draw thread exactly the same thoughts. Are you the QOS museum curator and, if so, were you not approached for advice on the colours. Ian Black the Queens historian could also have told Queens the correct information if asked I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    ODB - i already posted earlier this evening on the shirt draw thread exactly the same thoughts. Are you the QOS museum curator and, if so, were you not approached for advice on the colours. Ian Black the Queens historian could also have told Queens the correct information if asked I bet.
    Knew nothing as regards to the proposed new kit until I saw it last night. As I said, nice colours but.............

Quote Originally Posted by ODB View Post
    Personally, I also think a different badge should have been adapted to mark the occasion.
    A woven one!

Quote Originally Posted by ODB View Post
    Regarding the new kit, well the 'away' shirt to be more exact, I wonder who did the research into the colours and who made the decision to go with them? Yes, it does look good, but in my opinion those colours have nothing at all to do with Queen of the South Football Club. It is obvious that the colours used have been taken from the Historical Kits website, but the colours in question are under the year span of 1912-1915, four years before Queens were even formed!
    I was recently given a photograph of the 5th KRV's in 1889, taken at Palmerston incidentally, and the shirts are simply one colour.
    It is common knowledge that the first shirts that Queens wore were "royal blue jerseys and white knickers", so why 'create' something totally irrelevant to the club's history.
    I think an almighty cock up has been done here and not properly thought thru. Also a special edition of the club badge should have been created.

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN View Post
    I think an almighty cock up has been done here and not properly thought thru. Also a special edition of the club badge should have been created.
    Is it not clear that the Historical kits site has the inspiration for the away shirt down as a Dumfries FC kit, or am I missing something?

Louis if you read the Official QOS Site it says the second choice kit is based on the 5th KOSB colours and as you will see the Bradford
    City coloured image on Historical Kits has 5th KOSB / Maxwelltown Volunteers caption beside it and they did not play in those colours.

Sorry but I think it’s meant to be read left to right so that the top thre strips and the one under discussion, at the left of row two are associated with Dumfries FC. Maybe the OS got it wrong but it would suggest the strip colours are valid?

Quote Originally Posted by louisxiv View Post
    Sorry but I think it’s meant to be read left to right so that the top thre strips and the one under discussion, at the left of row two are associated with Dumfries FC. Maybe the OS got it wrong but it would suggest the strip colours are valid?
    I think I will leave the answer to that one to ODB the Queens museum curator mate.

The new kit

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    I think I will leave the answer to that one to ODB the Queens museum curator mate.
    Looking at the Historical Kit website the colours do appear to refer to Dumfries FC. This is perhaps even more worrying as Dumfries F.C. were the club who refused to join up with the other two clubs to form Queens. Something that is also wrongly documented on the HK website.
    All very strange.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)