+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Charlton A Vs Rovers Thread.

Charlton A Vs Rovers Thread.

Leitweiler
    Caddis Lenihan Downing Mulgrew Bell
    Evans Smallwood
    Payne
    Armstrong Samuel.

H/T and here's some music.. https://youtu.be/6X0FjlybCqs

You’re doin well Sax 👍

F/T and another song.. https://youtu.be/f4hsC0nRvZM

I felt some sympathy for Samuel today. He worked hard, but the ball rarely fell kindly for him. You could almost see his lack of confidence - especially compared to Graham recently. If that header had been an inch lower, it would probably have bounced over the line. When you're having a bad run, that seems to happen to you.
    As Robin has said, we are going to have to get cover for Graham next season, but I hope the summer sees Samuel regain the sort of form he showed when he was keeping Graham out.
    I'm staggered (although I shouldn't be!) by some of the reactions on the Telegraph site. What is it about Mowbray - that I can't see - which has made so many people hostile to him?
    We absolutely dominated the second half today and kept Charlton to one shot on target (plus the deflection) all game. It was hardly a disaster. (And, of course, Wigan didn't win! Saxo, you've got to be there against Oxford. We need 20,000).
    Some of the posters are even accusing TM of lying about the injuries - despite the fact that three of them are quite serious! I will never fully understand football supporters.
    A slightly off-topic comment about Smallwood. He won't get player-of-the-season, but he should get something! His work-rate is immense, and he actually provided some of our best attacking moments today.

As I keep saying Aucks just wait until next season!
    That is provided they don’t see him off before then !

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    As I keep saying Aucks just wait until next season!
    That is provided they don’t see him off before then !
    I understand that Mowbray doesn't read media reports or look at social media. Sensible man! I wish I could resist.
    He is experienced enough to realise the truth of what you called "hero to zero".
    We all have opinions and we all like to "pick the team". It's fun and I have no problem with it. The trouble is, lots of fans confuse their own opinions with "facts"! This is presumably why many of them are still openly saying things like, "With a more positive manager. we would be on 115 points and we'd have score 100 goals by now."
    They are protected, of course, by the fact that that they can't be proved wrong, but they can't seem to accept that speculation is not the same as reality!

Honest Tony is the best manager we have had since Big Sam was booted out by the crooks. I recall some fans were hostile towards him despite him keeping us in the Premier League. Time to move on now and look forward for once.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)