+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Plymouth Post Match Thoughts

I worry about Rotherham!

All Millers fans disgusted by the performance of the clown of referee got all the big decisions wrong I am still fuming and once again we suffer at the hands of these incompetents

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    I worry about Charlton
    The other two in the mix have 'dead rubbers' next Saturday whereas Charlton have to go to Rochdale who need to win. Depending how the Scunny v Plymouth game turns out on Tuesday, Charlton may be looking over their shoulder with some anxiety (as might we be for 4th place if Scunny beat Plymouth by 4 or 5 )

If we get another clown I fear we will

Watched the match via "live stream" for the first time today. We missed a load of chances with Williams being the worst culprit (again). We dominated the game overall, but gave away two sloppy goals. Two Millers goals were disallowed that looked perfectly ok. Williams was booked for "diving" when we should have been awarded a penalty. Yes, the ref WAS rubbish, but we should have been several goals ahead by the time that Plymouth scored their first. Warney took Smith off too early, even though Smith didn't look at all tired, but then waited too late to bring Newell on (again).

Not signing Kieffer Moore might end up being our undoing in the play-offs. He misses some sitters, but he does put the ball in the net much more frequently than anybody else that we have. We got away with squandering lots of chances at Gillingham, but not today against Plymouth, who looked no better than the Gills (and judging from today, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Scunny beating Plymouth by a big score on Tuesday) Unless we start putting away easy chances, and stop making silly defensive mistakes when under little pressure, we won't get through the play-offs. I feel sorry for the Millers fans who went today, as we should have comfortably bagged the three points.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 28-04-2018 at 06:23 PM.

According to the gaffer he says the video clearly shows the second disallowed goal should have stood.
    The Plymouth fans says the ref was the best they have had all season.

I don’t worry about missing chances in a meaningless game. I would be more worried if we weren’t creating them. And all this about Kieffer Moore, he’s gone and Smith is a more than adequate replacement.

In a sense them getting the winner kept the season more interesting and makes for a cracking game on Tuesday. I must admit I think the Blackburn decision to make mass changes (including Dack) could have cost Plymouth big time. They don’t even have to go through the play offs and it makes a mockery of the integrity of the league.

I got 100/1 in November with bet365 a few of mates got 250/1 with skybet. That was when we was rock bottom. I've just cashed out for over 1k. Still nervy but roll on the last 2 games. I like Rotherham as a club and place. Spent a good few hours getting lost around Meadowhall!!

Put it this way, it was gutting to lose today. However, had this been the first leg of the playoffs and we had come away just one goal down then I think I'd have taken that, especially against an inform team like PA.

I thought we played well and dominated. I'd love to play Plymouth at some point in the playoffs. I thought they were so poor and it's not very often a team will dominate a game the way we did and lose. We will need to strengthen if we go up but they will need a complete overhaul in my opinion.
    I do find Forde and Williams so frustrating though. I just don't think Forde is very good but I can see that Williams could be a great player which makes him even more frustrating.

I actually feel MORE upbeat about our chances in the play offs after that game. Disappointing that we lost, of course but it was a fairly meaningless game for us and all important for PA. To say they won it by the skin of their teeth under these circumstances reflects well on us. In their heart of hearts PA will be feeling that we would be far more motivated if we were to play them in a serious game and are a force to be reckoned with. I thought our build up play was really very good. We Put the ball in the net three times and had a hatful of chances that could/should have been turned into more goals. PA were supposed to be the poster child for guts and determination.

This is how we should be feeling as we approach the play offs. The squad is coming into another good phase. We may not be quite firing on all eight but we're moving in the right direction just when we need to...

We are perfectly capable of beating any of the other four contenders - even Charlton who I think we now have the measure of even though we were twice the loosing side this season.

What is also encouraging is that while we don't have any superstars, we don't really have any real weak areas. Even in defence we seem to have moved into a phase of greater solidity. I don't think we are the standout team amongst those who will contend but then I don't think any of them has an obvious edge. Based on the general way we played today I just feel we are in the right phase of readiness for this mini-competition and stand a good chance of doing well.
    Last edited by CTMilller; 29-04-2018 at 05:44 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast