+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If we only had enough money for 2 STW signings

If we only had enough money for 2 STW signings

Would have to be 2 decent strikers. We have gone from free scoring to can’t score at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade for Life View Post
    Would have to be 2 decent strikers. We have gone from free scoring to can’t score at all.
    over a season our strikers were never gonna be good enough,but they,ve done great to get us to where we are with the abilitys they have. are they good enough to take us up not on your life they are. with the amount of chances created a striker from the non league would have bagged. our defence isnt capable of keeping clean sheets or enough to take us up. we cant really knock the lads but we dont have to settle for how we,ve finished. we deffo need 6 0r 7 new young hungry players in for a good pr season. we wont get the quality we need to take us up but we will get players in to keep us up again. unless we have a billionaire invest we,ll be shopping about looking for rough diamonds and hoping the master craftsman wilder can polish em in to clean cut sparkling jewels. i just cant see us going forward positively . mcabe wont spend big and the bog roll phoney prince wants foreign players when our manager dosnt. yes we are thankful for getting out the pub league but we have to move on again or risk going back down. the squad depth is shockingly average at best. brooks needs to be sold if we can get 12-15 million.He just aint gonna be what we need,and from what ive seen he,ll just fade into obscurity. for 1 good thing hedoes he then does 10 bad things.
    donaldson
    lavery
    hanson
    wilson
    evans
    all need off loading
    sharp at the most 5th choice striker behind 3 new ones and clarke 4th choice
    we need a box to box scoring mid to compete wi fleck duffy evans coutts . a top draw mid,maybe a loan from a prem side.
    wright gone
    a top top centre half
    blackman signed

................................blackman........

......................new.......new......... oconnel......
    baldock/freeman........................................... new.

...............coutts..........fleck......new.....
    ........................new...........new.....

subs
    duffy
    new forward
    clarke
    stearman
    evens

some hard work ahead for wilder

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlo70 View Post
    over a season our strikers were never gonna be good enough,but they,ve done great to get us to where we are with the abilitys they have. are they good enough to take us up not on your life they are. with the amount of chances created a striker from the non league would have bagged. our defence isnt capable of keeping clean sheets or enough to take us up. we cant really knock the lads but we dont have to settle for how we,ve finished. we deffo need 6 0r 7 new young hungry players in for a good pr season. we wont get the quality we need to take us up but we will get players in to keep us up again. unless we have a billionaire invest we,ll be shopping about looking for rough diamonds and hoping the master craftsman wilder can polish em in to clean cut sparkling jewels. i just cant see us going forward positively . mcabe wont spend big and the bog roll phoney prince wants foreign players when our manager dosnt. yes we are thankful for getting out the pub league but we have to move on again or risk going back down. the squad depth is shockingly average at best. brooks needs to be sold if we can get 12-15 million.He just aint gonna be what we need,and from what ive seen he,ll just fade into obscurity. for 1 good thing hedoes he then does 10 bad things.
    donaldson
    lavery
    hanson
    wilson
    evans
    all need off loading
    sharp at the most 5th choice striker behind 3 new ones and clarke 4th choice
    we need a box to box scoring mid to compete wi fleck duffy evans coutts . a top draw mid,maybe a loan from a prem side.
    wright gone
    a top top centre half
    blackman signed

................................blackman........

......................new.......new......... oconnel......
    baldock/freeman........................................... new.

...............coutts..........fleck......new.....
    ........................new...........new.....

subs
    duffy
    new forward
    clarke
    stearman
    evens

some hard work ahead for wilder
    good summary - plenty to do in the summer if we are to push on but no point hoping for a pot of gold that wont materialise

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    good summary - plenty to do in the summer if we are to push on but no point hoping for a pot of gold that wont materialise
    No pot of gold, no rainbow nation players if CW gets his way.

We're doomed , doomed I tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    wilders just come out and said just about the same. lol

how on earth did leon clarke stay on the pitch today ? no effort whatsoever didnt look interested at least billy showed some fight and enthusiasm i was all for us signing him got to be honest and he was unplayable till he signed that contract but oh dear has he let us down since then if we can bring 2 strikers in this summer hes only a bench player for me

Bench player at best. Summed up by twirlo. We need better in so many positions. Only player I disagree about is lee Evans. I like him. He’ll get better not worse. The rest can go. Players like lundstram, Stevens, Holmes Leonard. Can just go. we are £15 million away from competing again. This is 2018. Get with the times McCabe.

agree on leonard and holmes bb they can both go for me league 1 players im afraid disagree on lundstrum and stevens think they can only improve but that final third has been woeful for 4 months now definetly need better quality up front billy is just about done at this level and leon will never have another season like this one personally as much as i hate selling our best young players brooks will have to be sold for chris to get funds for the 5 players we need cos it aint gonna be provided by mcabe and the prince that looks obvious

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    agree on leonard and holmes bb they can both go for me league 1 players im afraid disagree on lundstrum and stevens think they can only improve but that final third has been woeful for 4 months now definetly need better quality up front billy is just about done at this level and leon will never have another season like this one personally as much as i hate selling our best young players brooks will have to be sold for chris to get funds for the 5 players we need cos it aint gonna be provided by mcabe and the prince that looks obvious
    Fair enough. Jury is just about still out on Lundstram but I don’t see it. If we get all the money then for me I’d say bye bye Brooks but hello for a season long loan back?

Heard from someone within the club yesterday that McCabe offered to put £6 million into the JTW budget if the Prince matched it, he refused. Now I do not know if this is 100 percent true but at best it shows staff within the club don’t like the Prince. I would be happy if he was bought out.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast