+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What a fantastic interview from Wilder!

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    No, didn’t bother Rod. I expected the result. Swansea won it last year and we are not as good this year as last. To be honest, we did very well to reach the stage we did.

Stocky on Wednesday is now doubtful - I may be out of town - but I’ll get there if I can.
    The Summer break always seems a long time, but at least this year we have the World Cup to watch (as well as the Giro and the Tour
    Ok mi owd.if i dunt see thi at Stocky,tek care and have a good summer.UTCB

I have enjoyed the last couple of seasons under Wilders management. Even taking the 1971 side I think this team have played the most consistent enjoyable football I’ve seen United play. Although I’ve renewed my ST after I’d heard Chris’s interview and what he seemed to imply I was a tad disheartened. Wilders management has been a breathe of fresh air over the club and I Have to say if he’s forced out I would have to think very carefully about my future regards my beloved Blades!!

Why has this problem arisen between McCabe and the Prince?
    What, actually, is the problem?
    Is it the fact the Prince can buy McCabe's share or the price he has to pay to do it or is it something else?
    If it is the third one - ie something else - what is that something else?
    I am sure we would all like to know, as it is rather important, particularly if it is going affect Wilder's recruitment and even more importantly Wilder's future at the Lane.
    McCabe wasn't forced to sign an Agreement with the Prince.
    McCabe wasn't forced to agree to a provision in that Agreement allowing the Prince to buy McCabe's share.
    If there was any possibility, at all, that he might be unhappy at such a thing arising in the future, why provide the opportunity in the first place?
    If the Prince has the right to buy McCabe's share, the extent of what that share comprises will be detailed exactly down to the last nut and bolt, training cone and hotel tissue. The same goes for how the valuation of that share will be arrived at.
    Neither party would have signed such an Agreement if they were not happy with all those terms and how any differences (whether to the extent of what was being bought and sold, valuation, price, method of payment, etc.) would be resolved in a case of dipute.
    So why did McCabe enter in to the Agreement if the provisions agreed are now causing him serious concerns.
    What on earth was he doing?
    He is a businessman, a man of the world, of lawyers and complicated agreements.
    Did he know what he was doing? Yes, of course he did!
    So what is going on and why!

The short answer, Blair, is that he's not as smart as he'd have you believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    The short answer, Blair, is that he's not as smart as he'd have you believe.
    People do things in all good faith, with the very best of intentions. Then things change, people get different ideas, or stop sharing the same dream, and it bites them in the ass, and sometimes makes them look really stupid for believing it would all work in the first place.

That's why there are divorce lawyers

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    People do things in all good faith, with the very best of intentions. Then things change, people get different ideas, or stop sharing the same dream, and it bites them in the ass, and sometimes makes them look really stupid for believing it would all work in the first place.

And arranged marriages- and they go wrong too no matter what was promised, & by who, in the dowry.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post

Two words: due diligence. Most marriages aren't based around millions of pounds in assets and liabilities, and if they are you can be damn sure that the paperwork is watertight before they walk down the aisle.

I’m waiting for the day Kev has one too many and gets on the Karaoke.

thanks pal

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    Two words: due diligence. Most marriages aren't based around millions of pounds in assets and liabilities, and if they are you can be damn sure that the paperwork is watertight before they walk down the aisle.
    You can due diligence the hell out of it. It wont stop anyone from changing their mind and wanting to do something different at some point in the future. That's what we're talking about here isn't it. Two partners who have decided they want to do something different?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast