+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playing the Ref.

Playing the Ref.

Have we got to get a bit more cuter in playing the Ref? I thought we were playing Preston today, not Norwich. And booking somebody in the 95th minute for time wasting! When theyve been doing it all game and had numerous warmjngs....Beggars belief.

We have tried to waste time near the corner flag on a number of occasions when we've been winning.

Unfortunately due to us being Sheffield United, and unprofessionalism and stupidity becoming part of a players DNA as soon as he signs for us we lose the ball 100 yards away from our goal and concede an equaliser

Feigning injury, and confronting refs at every decision. Why were they surrounding the ref after he blew for half time?

horrible little club horrible little manager

Quote Originally Posted by s35nuttyblade View Post
    Have we got to get a bit more cuter in playing the Ref? I thought we were playing Preston today, not Norwich. And booking somebody in the 95th minute for time wasting! When theyve been doing it all game and had numerous warmjngs....Beggars belief.
    Yes,we have got to become more streetwise,one of our players should be in the referees ear all game,similar to Morison who plays for Millwall,Preston yesterday,like Norwich did earlier in the season sensed he was a weak referee and exploited the situation,a strong official yesterday would have added 10 minutes extra on,not the paltry 6 he allotted

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Yes,we have got to become more streetwise,one of our players should be in the referees ear all game,similar to Morison who plays for Millwall,Preston yesterday,like Norwich did earlier in the season sensed he was a weak referee and exploited the situation,a strong official yesterday would have added 10 minutes extra on,not the paltry 6 he allotted
    Declan Rudd(keeper) was a embarrassment it was almost another Norwich.Are ya gunna Stoky on wed? UTCB

For some odd reason, Preston’s tactics didn’t annoy me as much as Norwich’s. Likewise, the ref (although truly atrocious) didn’t irritate me as much as the Norwich ref. Both were completely incompetent and looked well out of their depth. Sadly, I didn’t see a ref assessor there yesterday. I hope there was one though, as that performance yesterday was pathetic in the extreme.

Any team time wasting know they can keep doing it as long as the ref starts pointing to his watch, instead of applying the Laws of the Game and issuing a caution. They know that the time added is never as much as the time wasted, and it continually breaks up the game and lessens the chance of their opponents building up “a head of steam”.

Every time I see a ref indulge in that pathetic reaction of pointing to his watch, I know the game will be awful from that time onwards.
    They really ought to be demoted for failing in their most basic duty - to apply the Laws.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    Any team time wasting know they can keep doing it as long as the ref starts pointing to his watch, instead of applying the Laws of the Game and issuing a caution. They know that the time added is never as much as the time wasted, and it continually breaks up the game and lessens the chance of their opponents building up “a head of steam”.

Every time I see a ref indulge in that pathetic reaction of pointing to his watch, I know the game will be awful from that time onwards.
    They really ought to be demoted for failing in their most basic duty - to apply the Laws.
    Do you not think it's time to take the timekeeping away from the ref Ronnie?

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Do you not think it's time to take the timekeeping away from the ref Ronnie?
    Yes. It’s also time they were made to do what they are paid to do - or dispensed with.

From very early in the game, Preston knew they had a very weak (pathetic) referee, and exploited it to the full.
    I don’t blame them, they wanted to win - I do blame the referee who let them get away with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast