+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dunfermline

Going to try and be a bit positive about last night. I thought we stood up well against their physicality and desire. They put much more effort into the game than we did which is why they ended up with injuries. Yet they didn't score and despite a couple of very good saves from Deniz they didn't exactly bombard us.
    We got a break with the sending off as it was never a red in a million years, we never took advantage of that but I feel we were playing to stay in the tie anyway.
    Would have taken 0-0 before the game, we should be fresher than them for Friday night, produce more effort, attacking football and get through to the next round.

https://youtu.be/j4HKelN5D8I

4:30. Thought it was a red at the time but looking at that I think we got away with one. McDonald doing exactly what I used to despise him for. Think the pats have appealed the red and had it removed too

If they have appealed it and got it removed I am a bit annoyed. Mainly because I could never see SFA doing that for united!

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    If they have appealed it and got it removed I am a bit annoyed. Mainly because I could never see SFA doing that for united!
    dont want to be that guy but it happened with us last year with Si murray. sent off in 1st leg v accies and was able to play 2nd leg but i get what you were meaning normally them sort of things dont work out for us

Fair point mate.

The Si Murray one really was ridiculous.

If we had got that stone wall pen we would already be in Prem.

Fingers crossed that karma is restored and we get promoted this time

certainly would have gave us something to hold on to going into the 2nd leg (assuming we actually scored the pen)
    And dont forget they were really struggling at the end of the 1st leg also. they had a few guys who were injured but played on. who knows we could scored again. then we really would have been in a great position for promotion going into the away game.

Just read on Dunfermline website. It’s official that red card appeal is in. Hearing date set for 10th May so eligible to play tomorrow.

Regardless United should be winning this. Come on United!

Absolutely appalling so far.

Could be 3-0 down.

When we go behind we should up our game to get back in.

Need a huge amount more second half.

Get Gillespie on to win midfield battle and Mikkelsen on to win some headers. It is not working right now

Season on the line now and players should be giving everything

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)