+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dunfermline

Yesterday's defence is the one that's had all the clean sheets lately. Even if he's fit I wouldn't start Durnan.

As long as Scobbie isn’t playing we’ve got a chance, it’s hardly a coincidence that the 1 game we haven’t kept a clean sheet (in fact we got pumped) in our last 4 is the only game Scobbie has played.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Yesterday's defence is the one that's had all the clean sheets lately. Even if he's fit I wouldn't start Durnan.
    I dont think it matters as much now as the key factors are Deniz, Ralston and especially Moshni. Just keep Lewis on the bench with Scobbie and Quinn away from the squad, never mind the bench!

Dundee Utd
    21Mehmet
    29Ralston
    2Murdoch
    91Mohsni
    17Robson
    10Fraser
    16Flood
    24Gillespie
    11King
    8McDonald
    9Mikkelsen

I presume Mikk furthest forward. McD playing behind which he has just come out in press to say he doesn’t like. Presume 4-2-3-1 which means Fraser on wing?

Scobbie on bench

I just don't understand our manager's team selection. IMO Scott Fraser's best position is a 10 just behind the striker, the position he played on Saturday. Stanton one of our better players all season gets dropped for Flood who takes about an hour to make a passs and then usually backwards. Flood didn't play Saturday and we were much more incisive without him. Most of the time the ball was played forward quickly. That doesn't happen when we Flood plays. Why is Lyng preferred to young Matty Smith? The youngster is our future yet Csaba prefers an on loan dud. That's what he is because I haven't seen him have a decent game yet and Mikkelsen isn't far behind. We need to play our best team on Friday and that to me does not include Flood,Mikkelsen or Lyng and with Scott Fraser playing centrally.

Spot on

Especially about Fraser being number 10 and Lyng ahead of Smith, bizarre

....and Willo Fud, how he got back in team i’ll never guess.....!!!

When he brought on lyng I could not believe it.

So many better options and he has never shown enough IMO

Fraser out of position. McD playing where he says he doesn’t want to.

McMullen not brought on when he’s created a lot of our recent goals and we are against 10 men.

Stanton has been best player recently but he didn’t start!

I do think Mikk is important though. Without him we don’t have a target man - against likes of St Mirren he put in an outstanding shift

Overall - glad that with a draw it all goes on to Friday.

Hopefully the players can give it everything and produce a massive performance

I'm amazed no one has mentioned King's 'contribution' tonight. He was phucking honking.

Jesus may have wept tonight, but seen as ive seen all this before, i had no problem fighting back those tears!

I really, really, really hope that tonight was a conservation and containment exercise and we will give them the whole 9 yards on Friday, which i will probably miss!

However, when they went down to 10 men, McMullan, Stanton and Slater should have been unleashed on them to try and get a result.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)