+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Awful

Awful

Awful day
    Awful town
    Awful ground
    Awful Ref
    Awful fans. Notts fans didn't cover themselves in glory either. What was that all about , several fans rounding on one bloke ( who I think had complained about them standing up ) , very brave.
    God awful performance , we got what we deserved.

Cleethorpes isn't the most attractive location especially on a cold wet afternoon. These sort of high expectation matches seem to bring the worst out of this squad. What worries me most is that Mansfield could well sneak that last playoff place and face Notts in the process. This seasons performances in those kind of situations doesn't bode well.

Agreed!
    He was brave. There was one particular arsehole who came form yards away to support his gang of thug friends. Thankfully enough decent Notts fans let them know how we felt. It should have been more though, we don't have to tolerate people like that. Interestingly the stewards just sat on their arses.
    Referee the only bloke on the park worse than Duffy. Captain!!!! I've had goldfish with stronger leadership qualities.

Pretty much standard fayre for an away performance (and some home) this season. Played well for about 20 minutes but didn't manage to convert our chances today. Meeeeeh!

Quote Originally Posted by LesBradd4England View Post
    Agreed!
    He was brave. There was one particular arsehole who came form yards away to support his gang of thug friends. Thankfully enough decent Notts fans let them know how we felt. It should have been more though, we don't have to tolerate people like that. Interestingly the stewards just sat on their arses.
    Referee the only bloke on the park worse than Duffy. Captain!!!! I've had goldfish with stronger leadership qualities.
    And what makes it worse is nolen thinks the sun shins out is backside it doesn't matter who notts play in the play offs this team as no bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Awful day
    Awful town
    Awful ground
    Awful Ref
    Awful fans. Notts fans didn't cover themselves in glory either. What was that all about , several fans rounding on one bloke ( who I think had complained about them standing up ) , very brave.
    Once again we get turned over by a bottom club. I dont know what we do in training because we were unable to put 2 passes together. The midfield was absolutely none existant again, so to correct the problem Nolan takes Shola and brings on his mate Stead and leaves Noble on. How he gets his place in the team ahead of Milsom is a mystery.. Brian Clough used to say "You play your best eleven" something that we clearly do not do.. In our case its i will play my mates...

Quote Originally Posted by LesBradd4England View Post
    Agreed!
    The guy who took his glasses off and tried to march around to the poor bloke . Tw@t.
    I sat next to this lovely old chap . He told me the Ref was awful before a ball was kicked "never gives Notts anything ". Boy was he right! Duffy was no worse than anyone else . The only exception was Noble , and I wouldn't have started him! Thought he was the best of a poor bunch.

ps . To the bloke who was nearly set upon, I hope what you experienced today doesn't put you off following Notts in the future.
    Last edited by navypie; 28-04-2018 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Awful day
    Awful town
    Awful ground
    Awful Ref
    When safe standing comes back, they can stand as much as they like. Until then, people who have paid for a seat and want to use it without having their view blocked shouldn't get abuse from anyone, especially their own side. As I've said on another thread, this sort of loutish behaviour needs to be stamped out quickly by the police et al.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    When safe standing comes back, they can stand as much as they like. Until then, people who have paid for a seat and want to use it without having their view blocked shouldn't get abuse from anyone, especially their own side. As I've said on another thread, this sort of loutish behaviour needs to be stamped out quickly by the police et al.
    Fair enough, but you didn't address his comment that it was a 'God awful performance'. Does it not fit your slow and steady improvement narrative?

Unfortunately I think Nolan has took Notts as far as he is able. He definitely instilled a fighting spirit pre season and the squad were fitter and more determined which produced good early season results. The actual performances other than Luton away though, have been very dour. No width, no imagination. He is prepared to lump balls right down the middle and hope we can nick something. Ugly football. You'll take it when you're winning of course but when you're not and he hasn't got the intelligence or nouse to change it you have to ask has his bubble burst?? His refusal to see beyond Stead for so long when he never looked like scoring and his support of Duffy who apart from a game or two recently has been abysmal worry me. Loyalty is one thing, arrogance is another. I also think his choice of keeper is ludicrous. Whilst an excellent shot stopper Collin is terrified of any physical contact and kicks like he's in his slippers. His reluctance to come of his line or command is box make us vulnerable.
    Of course, our league position is much improved and it would be completely unfair to say that he hasn't had a positive affect on the club. We were dropping out the league before Hardy and him arrived. However, retaining league status or getting promoted to Div 1 is irrelevant if the fare served up is only worthy of The National League.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast