+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should Big Dave get the job ????

Should Big Dave get the job ????

Heart says yes

Head says no

It’s a big gamble would love to see him get the job and take us up but is he a realistic candidate ?

We all know he is a more than decent person. Those qualities will count for something but certainly not everything that is needed in a successful manager. Who knows, he might make the grade one day but I feel now (or shortly) is not the time to find out. In saying that, it would be a crying shame if he were to be lost to the club. I would like to see him retained in a meaningful role.

It's a difficult one. The important thing is that we take our time and look into all the options available. I too think it's important that we retain Darren Moore in some meaningful capacity as he's the right characater to have around. Whatever happens, he's done us proud in the last four games.

I love Big Dave, and my wife went to school with him and says he's always been nice, but i think he is getting a reaction now from players who finally realise they will have their wages halved when they go down.

BD needs to get a job in the lower leagues and earn the top job at our place, which for me is at least 2 promotions elsewhere.

I was in favour of giving him half a season but these performances show we need a stern manager who will accept the s hit performances that have left us in this predicament.

Everyone in the frame for the managers job is gonna be a gamble. If by some miracle he keeps us up id give him a contract but i'd be unsure as to how long that should be, maybe 6 months?

Yep, I'd be happy to give him the job.

Experience is helpful, but can be made up with youth, hunger, enthusiasm and ambition. Same goes for players as well as managers. Sometimes you have to throw people in the deep end and find out if they will sink or swim.

As someone has already said, its a gamble whoever we employ. Whoever is our next manager will make mistakes. We might as well give the job to someone who loves the club and is a genuine person. And hope he grows into the role. We can develop an outstanding manager here, but it takes boldness to make that call.

I''ll support whoever it is, just like I did with Pardew. But I'd support Big Dave just that little bit more, I'd give him extra leeway because of his association with the club. Wouldn't everyone else?

Mourinho, Guardiola, Klopp, Ancelotti Etc. All had to start somewhere. Someone had to give them that first chance. Look at the job Neil Harris has done at Millwall, who knows what he can go onto achieve.

So yes, I think he's done enough in these 4 games to get the job on a permanent basis.

Whatever happens i'll always be grateful to BD as not long ago i was worried we'd get less than the vile's 17 points.

To keep us "up" into may is nothing short of brilliant.

I think the real issue is we have such a big re-building job to do, no doubt he is a great coach but is he experienced enough to identify and sign the players we need to compete in the Championship next season? if we could let someone else take care of that side of the job and just let Big Dave concentrate on the coaching i would be happy for him to have the job full time.

I’ve not been in favour as I’ve stated previously.

Teams who are “down” play with no pressure and often have a run of results once the fat lady is warming up.

It’ll be hard not to give him the job now though and he deserves a shot but it’ll be horrible if we have to boot him three months into next season.

As I've said before it is a cheap option and he could do well but historically when the caretaker becomes head coach or manager the clubs do not give them enough support, decision making or finance and they end up struggling and we could lose him altogether which would be a shame as he does have strong feelings and a lot to offer West Brom.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)