+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: O/t pro-Trump rally

Too easily Monty, although it was never my intention. Some people need to get a grip mate.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Too easily Monty, although it was never my intention. Some people need to get a grip mate.
    Too true, sota. The bullshine luvvie hypocricy of the gang on here makes me sick.

Oh heck, you must be desperate. There is certainly a poor corner in this city, just like there is in every city and that's where most of that stuff happens. You don't need me to describe the inhabitants of the neighbourhood because you already know.
    I really liked Sarasota, and the peole I met there including yourself, but safe isn't one of the things that sprung to mind. Florida in general is a state that doesn't feel all that safe to me. The statistics back that up. I feel much safer in Rotherhm than Sarasota, not that I'm saying I feel particularly unsafe in the latter.

The point is, how safe we feel is subjective. Objectively speaking sarasota has high levels of violent crime.

Just remind me how long you stayed here to form your opinion and tell of any actual real life incident that made you feel that way. Try not to use google.
    Last edited by sota; 30-04-2018 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Too true, sota. The bullshine luvvie hypocricy of the gang on here makes me sick.
    Your pals need only stop starting political posts on a footy forum and all would be luvvly

Just remind me how long you stayed here to form your opinion and tell of any actual real life incident that made you feel that way. Try not to use google.
    ...it's Florida, a state which to me personally feels less safe than some other parts of America I've been to. A feeling doesn't have to revolve around specific events. I mean, what specific events made you think it was so safe? See, it's not a realistic question.

Don't take it to heart, Sarasota is a really nice town, I was probably there for about 5 lovely days, you're very lucky to live there, the quality of life is way higher than Rotherham.

But you said "I believe it's one of the safest places in the world for your kids to grow up", whereas even a cursory look at the statistics would show that objectively speaking, it is far from it and far less than Rotherham - which like anywhere is safer if you live in the wealthier areas and less safe in poorer areas. I was just curious what you base your belief upon.

John neither of my girls live here. One is in Jax the other in Miami at the mo. I don’t take anything to heart mate you should know me better than that. The US is a great country but unfortunately it’s full of Americans ha.

John neither of my girls live here. One is in Jax the other in Miami at the mo. I don’t take anything to heart mate you should know me better than that. The US is a great country but unfortunately it’s full of Americans ha.
    Sota, i know the comment about Americans is tongue n cheek, i've met the stereotypical American on hols and also the not so stereotypical when a bunch came over during the strike and stayed around here for a while, what is your honest opinion of the American's as a whole?

M, I’m on my phone at the moment and having all sorts of problems with it. I will reply in detail when I can sit down and have the time. Generally speaking I think most of them are great. I have some great stories to tell. I go on a forum for Brits in Florida and it’s funny how every one of us think the same thing about them. What we love about them and what drives us mad about them. So my view will be fairly representative lol
    Last edited by sota; 30-04-2018 at 05:28 PM.

I used to love those Carl Hiaasen books, he went off the boil but the earlier, 80s and 90s ones are hilarious.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast