+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: season ending embarrassment

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN View Post
    [/B]

What a load of nonsense - a way and bile yer head man !
    where u there on saturday admin if not shut your cake hole there was plenty of folk unhappy and shouting at the players for not coming over the way the players and directors have acted at the end of the season is a joke and not the way to show thanks and appreciation for the money the fans have spent all season following them

Quote Originally Posted by donnydonnydukduk View Post
    where u there on saturday admin if not shut your cake hole there was plenty of folk unhappy and shouting at the players for not coming over the way the players and directors have acted at the end of the season is a joke and not the way to show thanks and appreciation for the money the fans have spent all season following them
    My cake hole will remain open and ready to defend the good name of Queen of the South. I was there on Saturday and have supported Queens since 1957 when Jim Patterson and Bobby Black terrorised most teams in the old Scottish First Division.

Despite many disappointments I have never resorted to slagging off players or officials and neither have I encouraged booing.

I have had my differences with certain Chairman and directors but they have been sorted out in a civilized manner.

We have a club to be proud off and with Naysmith rebuilding the team, pre season friendlies organised and the big Palmy clean up planned we have a lot to look forward to.

COME AWAY THE QUEENS
    Last edited by QOS_MAD_ADMIN; 01-05-2018 at 12:09 PM.

Donny, I have one thing to say to you: as a 'trialist' you have a lot to learn and there are ways of airing your opinion without embarrassing other people. You do have a point, but as I respectfully suggested to you the last time, there are ways of making that point without putting your foot in it.

"Absolutely shocking and embarrassing" are not terms I would have used, - perhaps "a little more enthusiasm may have been appreciated" might have been more appropriate?

Regardless, - the Davy Rae era at Palmerston when the chairman ran around the pitch in his yellow jacket like a man possessed has clearly passed into a much more sedate time, - and we the fans have to accept that this is the way the BOD wish to conduct themselves.

There is nothing wrong with that, - and we simply have to accept that is the way they are.

Donny, - I have no idea what age you are, - but I suspect you are considerably younger than I am, - and I appreciate your youthful exuberance, - but please believe me - there isn't a right or wrong way to support Queen of the South. Everyone is different and perhaps we all need to accept that.

jardi i am alot younger than yourself which gives me the benefit of just coming out of an age where i am the only one of a group of youngsters who went to queens games when we were at school that still attends queens games and the majority of them will never come back because it just wasnt enjoyable for them

the point im making is the way the players on saturday and the board in general have acted does not show fans that they are appreciated

its not difficult for the players to walk over to the fans at the end of the game i remember times when jt and bowzer would come and clap the fans at the end of everygame so why cant these players do it for the final game of the season

a massive respect must be paid to del boy for spending the day with the fans many players wouldnt have bothered turning up or would have sat in the stand and ignored us

i understand that i am critical of queens but its down to frustration at how we have let our standards of what is acceptable conduct of the players and board drop significantly

Can’t remember the last time I ever saw a board of directors running on to the pitch to wave and thank the fans

Donny

Thank you for that and appreciate your frustration.

May I politely suggest that you actively encourage your young friends to come to Palmy next season, - but also to take on board that the BOD may not do things the same way.

I agree that we all need to get behind the team, and you have made that point quite clear.

It is now up to everyone to up the ante.

Over to you folks.

Donny, - I have no idea what age you are, - but I suspect you are considerably younger than I am, - and I appreciate your youthful exuberance, - but please believe me - there isn't a right or wrong way to support Queen of the South. Everyone is different and perhaps we all need to accept that.

yes jardi that sounds like good advice to donny and dare i say myself and others ,but can you please explain this point you made to admin and spikefaethesooth who seem to think donnys opinion of what should be done is in the wrong in there eyes and as you say theres no wrong way or right way in supporting queens ,please give these people the same advice as thay always but in when anything to do with queens comes up that thay dont like lol .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post

yes jardi that sounds like good advice to donny and dare i say myself and others ,but can you please explain this point you made to admin and spikefaethesooth who seem to think donnys opinion of what should be done is in the wrong in there eyes and as you say theres no wrong way or right way in supporting queens ,please give these people the same advice as thay always but in when anything to do with queens comes up that thay dont like lol .
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion but there are ways to put it without appearing to insult players, individuals or groups. I personally have criticised the Chairman for being far too anonymous for the role and to take a higher profile without resorting to slagging him off. Without different view points this site would become meaningless but there are means and ways of putting your viewpoint across without being offensive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)