+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Match Ratings V Grimsby

Match Ratings V Grimsby

I don't normally do these but like Mapperley's ( still hurting mate ? ) excellent effort last week, I will give it a go.

Collins ; If there was a 6 inch box, he wouldn't command that either. Excellent save near the end. 5

Hunt ; Me and my lad love it whenever he does a misplaced pass and feels the need to put his arm up and apologise every time. Well after that performance he should apologise to each and every one of us. 4

Duffy; Absolutely awful. 4

Brisley ; A poor mans Brian Stubbs , slightly better looking though. 4

Jones; Not good, not bad. 5

Hewitt; Bad day at the office for the player of the season , elect ! 5

Noble ; Best of a bad bunch. Played the ball short instead of always looking for the Hollywood pass. 7

Alessandra; At least he tried ( ish) . 6

Virtue; Back to the player we first saw. 4

Shola; Offered nothing . 4

Forte; Looked lively in parts. 6

Subs
    Stead; Thought he did ok. 6
    O'Connor; Looked rusty but nearly scored before Jones did. 5
    Grant; Why would you back heel the ball in the area when you have all the time in the world to bring it down and shoot. 4

Bad day but if you had offered me the play offs ( with this set of players ) at the start of the season I would have snatched your hand off. At least my lad can experience them for the first time.

I didn't think Noble or Alessandra we're any better than last week. Noble improved as it went on, but far too often he tries the 50 yard glory ball when the 10 yard pass is the best option. Alessandra just not involved enough.

A thoroughly disappointing afternoon which served as a great reminder as to why I now rarely go to away games.

For those of you who didn't go, that was absolute garbage to watch. Should knock 3 or 4 thousand off next weeks gate.

We could have, and should have been 3 or 4 down at half time.

Ratings, the whole 14 players involved- 1 for being there. I would have said 1 for turning up,but they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I don't normally do these but like Mapperley's ( still hurting mate ? ) excellent effort last week, I will give it a go.

Collins ; If there was a 6 inch box, he wouldn't command that either. Excellent save near the end. 5

Hunt ; Me and my lad love it whenever he does a misplaced pass and feels the need to put his arm up and apologise every time. Well after that performance he should apologise to each and every one of us. 4

Noble ; Best of a bad bunch. Played the ball short instead of always looking for the Hollywood pass. 7

Subs
    Grant; Why would you back heel the ball in the area when you have all the time in the world to bring it down and shoot. 4

Bad day but if you had offered me the play offs ( with this set of players ) at the start of the season I would have snatched your hand off. At least my lad can experience them for the first time.
    Agree with these ratings Mr Navy.
    Collin might be a decent shot-stopper but his kicking was awful...even I chuckled when he fell over after launching his 20th up-n-under...probably got tired, poor lad
    Hunt was a joke and Duffy laughable. Did anyone see their number 9 literally stroll round the statuesque Duffers before going one-on-one with Collin....how Grimsby didn't net it defies logic....watched it on the highlights 3 times, it gets funnier each time.
    Hewey and Noble were chasing shadows....mainly shadows of the ball as it passed overhead
    Forte only got a sniff of the ball every 20 minutes, Virtue was still on the team bus asleep and Aless did a slightly better impression of Hawk-the-headless....Shola, oh dear, old Father Time has finally caught up with him methinks, needs to come on as super-sub, a role he perfected at Newcastle 35 years ago.
    Grant apparently left for S****horpe with his buddy, Yates, in January....the guy pretending to be Grant is a doppelganger, and not a very good one.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post

Subs

I agree with most of your markings navy apart from Noble, how he gets in the side ahead of Milsom is a complete mystery. if i was to give the manager a mark it would be a big fat zero, basically because he is a one trick pony and doesnt seem to learn from previous games. Also he is unable to motivate his players for such important games. If i was him i would put house buying in Nottm on hold..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I agree with most of your markings navy apart from Noble, how he gets in the side ahead of Milsom is a complete mystery. if i was to give the manager a mark it would be a big fat zero, basically because he is a one trick pony and doesnt seem to learn from previous games. Also he is unable to motivate his players for such important games. If i was him i would put house buying in Nottm on hold..
    I wouldn't have started Noble durham , but he did and for once I thought he had an half decent game ( or maybe it was just that the rest were so bad ) . I agree with you about Milsom though. Had a good game at Accy and not been seen on the pitch since. It can only be Nolan doesn't rate him, a bit like he doesn't rate Forte. Anyway, we live in hope. COYP