+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Exeter City

Exeter City

Seems like we are not the only ones to have a bunch of morons........

"You would think that being fourth in the table and in with a chance of automatic promotion would be enough for some fans. But not for a section of supporters at Exeter City, it seems.

The Grecians headed to Stevenage on Saturday a point adrift of third-placed Wycombe Wanderers in the League Two table and still harbouring hopes of automatic promotion. But it turned into a disastrous day for the Grecians whose fans TURNED on manager Paul Tisdale during their 3-1 loss at Broadhall Way."

From todays Plymouth Herald.

Quote Originally Posted by americanpie View Post

"You would think that being fourth in the table and in with a chance of automatic promotion would be enough for some fans. But not for a section of supporters at Exeter City, it seems.

The Grecians headed to Stevenage on Saturday a point adrift of third-placed Wycombe Wanderers in the League Two table and still harbouring hopes of automatic promotion. But it turned into a disastrous day for the Grecians whose fans TURNED on manager Paul Tisdale during their 3-1 loss at Broadhall Way."

A few on here have had a go at Nolan ( has is their right ) but the fans at the game yesterday didn't . The Grimsby fans were all over the pitch at the end and why not , they had survived in the League . Nolan and several of the players ignored the mob, came over and acknowledged the Notts fans . I for one appreciated that . Like all football fans I think I know best . If Exeter fans want to have a go at Tisdale let them. I won't have a go at Nolan for what he's done for my club .For now !!!!!
    Last edited by navypie; 29-04-2018 at 03:51 PM.

Here?

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/spo...espite-1513370

To twist this topic a bit, how about this?

Predictions for next week - Coventry v Morecambe, Exeter v Stevenage, Lincoln v Yeovil -all home wins. Notts v Luton - away win.
    Final positions

Exeter 80
    Lincoln 77 (after thumping Yepvil)
    Coventry 77
    Notts 76

A very likely set of results if you ask me, so first legs - Coventry v Lincoln, Exeter v Notts. And not a bad outcome either. they're a nice footballing team with a good striker but they can't roll us over. But Lincoln and Coventry are probably stronger on current from (last 20 games even) and with a crowd behind them could put us out of the tie in just one good 20 min spell.

So Exeter as likely opponents? And as the best possible semi-final tie?

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post

Predictions for next week - Coventry v Morecambe, Exeter v Stevenage, Lincoln v Yeovil -all home wins. Notts v Luton - away win.
    Final positions

Exeter 80
    Coventry 77
    Notts 76

A very likely set of results if you ask me, so first legs - Coventry v Lincoln, Exeter v Notts. And not a bad outcome either. they're a nice footballing team with a good striker but they can't roll us over. But Lincoln and Coventry are probably stronger on current from (last 20 games even) and with a crowd behind them could put us out of the tie in just one good 20 min spell.

Yes, that would do me just fine and is most prob our best chance of getting to Wembley.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post

Final positions

Exeter 80
    Coventry 77
    Notts 76

Would be happy with that . Given the way Nolan sets us up away from home I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't find ourselves 3-0 down from the first leg though. Worst case scenario . Notts win , Exeter don't and Mansfield sneak into the play offs . No fcuking chance.
    Last edited by navypie; 29-04-2018 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Would be happy with that . Given the way Nolan sets us up away from home I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't find ourselves 3-0 down from the first leg though. Worst case scenario . Notts win , Exeter don't and Mansfield sneak into the play offs . No fcuking chance.

Nolan, the best thing this club has had for years...

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Nolan, the best thing this club has had for years...
    I would say Hardy.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I would say Hardy.

Kiss me

What he has done at that club with no budget is remarkable, the minute a player shows promise he is sold so PD has to keep churning out young guys and is expected to succeed, but as we know fans can be very fickle, we have had an up and down season but are still in with a fantastic shout of going up so I'm a happy pie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast