+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Amber Rudd falls on her sword.....

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Or perhaps they are a party that actually deals with such issues within it's ranks as opposed to denying there is an issue and blaming the media?
    Four in a week though!

And FOUR actual CABINET resignations/sackings from malpractice and general fibbings in the last SIX MONTHS.

That is CABINET MINISTERS, doncha know?

Not a good look is it?

In the interests of balance, as you appear to be proposing that both sides are as bad, can you name equivalents on the Labour side of the House that have gotten themselves into allegations of corruption/scandal and should have been suspended in your view?

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Four in a week though!

And FOUR actual CABINET resignations/sackings from malpractice and general fibbings in the last SIX MONTHS.

That is CABINET MINISTERS, doncha know?

Not a good look is it?

In the interests of balance, as you appear to be proposing that both sides are as bad, can you name equivalents on the Labour side of the House that have gotten themselves into allegations of corruption/scandal and should have been suspended in your view?
    Kerr's an intelligent bloke so he probably doesn't need you using capitals for emphasis you pompous berk. Give the politics a rest please as you're just proving your intellectual limitations. How's the Sociology O-Level coming along and are you still getting off on Chomsky?

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Kerr's an intelligent bloke so he probably doesn't need you using capitals for emphasis you pompous berk. Give the politics a rest please as you're just proving your intellectual limitations. How's the Sociology O-Level coming along and are you still getting off on Chomsky?
    Nibbly nibbly cocky gulp...

Kerr's an intelligent bloke so he probably doesn't need you using capitals for emphasis you pompous berk.
    Tbh Monts, I do agree that Kerr is capable of following my points without capitalisations, especially if he has his reader with him. But however, I just enjoyed putting those words in capitals as your party falls apart, like little pins up yer bum...Ouch!

Tbh Monts, I do agree that Kerr is capable of following my points without capitalisations, especially if he has his reader with him. But however, I just enjoyed putting those words in capitals as your party falls apart, like little pins up yer bum...Ouch!
    My party? Far too liberal for me.

My party? Far too liberal for me.
    Fair point. How is Anne Marie's new venture going with her new nesting place for conspiracist nutjobs?

I'm afraid that your memory is playing tricks with you again, animal. The steel workers were not told they were losing their jobs; TATA announced it's decision to put it's UK steel operation up for sale, which is somewhat different.

Sure, Javed could have taken part in a few photo opportunities standing with steel workers but that would have been 'tokenism'.

As it turns out, the whole affair ended reasonably happily with TATA, the government and the workers via their TU coming up with some compromises.

You missed by question though, do you regard the presence of Diane Abbott on the Labour front bench and, presumably, in the Home Office after any Labour GE victory as 'tokenism'?
    I think personally anytime a large industry is struggling and put up for sale the first thing most people think is " will I keep my job " , that's especially true when a tory government are in power and has an historical policy of closures in one industry area's .

My point maybe without the T's crossed but let's not dilute the issue with the everything worked out fine narrative because at the time things looked far from good whilst the former Business Secetary was taking photos of Sydney Opera House with his daughter .

In fact didn't he cut short his jolly when he received the " you'd better get your @ss back here sunshine " phone call so he could have his photo taken in South Wales and do the tokenistic hand shakes and " I'm on it " , the stuffed kangaroo was perhaps in the car , out of sight and still in its polyethylene wrapper .

I'm failing to understand your point regarding Abbott and a tokenism , she's very well placed to go on the attack regarding this scandal , she's shadow home secretary for starters and she's held the position well before this debacle emerged , she voted against the 2015 immigration bill and her parents came here after the war and were part of the so called " windrush generation " .

She's not my pot of char but none the less she's held her seat for 30 years and done many good things for people with struggles in life , that's possibly no kind of endorsement for shadow home secretary but she's a Corbyn ally and initially when he became leader there weren't too many to choose from .

She's a bit of a liability because she doesn't come across too well and has problems remembering things or gets easily confused but as I said earlier her heart seems to be in the right place .

First time I've seen your old views on this animal. Certainly giving GF a run for his money!

To what extent do you hold these views now?And if not, what brought about any changes from these views?
    I believe at the time ISIL held large parts of Iraq and Syria , we were seeing on the news beheadings and gay muslims getting thrown off high rise buildings .

There was talk of muslims in this country joining ISIL after getting radicalised .

I took a bus journey in Sheffield if I recall correctly to undergo treatment at a private hospital through the NHS around that time , as the journey progressed I was the only non asian on the bus and did the " what if thing " , I felt uncomfortable , barmy but none the less that's how I felt .

I got to thinking about WW2 and how we interned Germans who were here in 1939 and kept them on the isle of wight I believe because we were at war and I drew comparison's .

I was wrong because it's far more complex as kerr pointed out at the time .

I've also butted heads on here with posters regarding our involvement in the middle east which I firmly believe is wrong and has led us to the danger of terrorist attacks here in the UK just to add balance .

I was seeking a swift one size fits all solution and there isn't one .

Regrettable comments given the complexity but none the less I was looking for a solution to save innocent lifes .

That's it in a nutshell .

Playing you? Is that what you call being exposed as a hypocrite? I'm just emulating Roly, Mike and MMM in calling out bigotry (even though they are strangely silent when it comes from Labour Party and Momentum members).

Which wasn't one of your better days, animal? The day you called for all Muslims to be expelled from the country or the day you got caught out in a lie about your motivation for doing so?

As I say, it is heart warming to see your conversion to someone who clearly cares so much about the rights and well being of Commonwealth immigrants and their British descendants.
    Well in my opinion what you tend to do is play the man and not the ball card so as to make someone's opinion less credible because it perhaps doesn't chime with yours .

A tactic I suspect you use in your place of work to destroy a key witness and so as to make out what they say as not credible even though they are possibly factually correct .

I suppose we are all guilty of it too from time to time .

It's totally fine .

You know we are all learning in life kerr as we go along our way .

What we once were and what we are now isn't necessarily a flaw if we learn and move on .

Steady on Sky News , your not supposed to join the pack of wolves , fair play though and decent leak .

https://mobile.twitter.com/faisalisl...14542212784128

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast