+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: O/T Amber Rudd falls on her sword.....

Kerr, you are wasting your time. Despite protestations to the contrary the gang never admit to error. Not so long ago a poster referred to problems in Telford. Mikemiller accused him of peddling unsubstantiated twitter rumours. Roly came on and said "Great post, Mike" and went on to demand the banning of the poster who he feared would upset the many Muslim visitors to MM. When it transpired Mike and roly were wrong they didn't apologise but simply moved on to the next target.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    It's a big day for Corbyn and Labour today with the council elections .

Keep an eye on Hillingdon which in my opinion is as good an indication as to where we are as it's Boris Johnson territory and his Uxbridge seat .

Boris , Rudd and one or two more high profile Tory MP's are receiving extra targeting and funding in a bid to oust them altogether , if you know your cricket its similar to a test team targeting the opposition captain during a test series.
    Hillingdon was certainly an interesting outcome as in addition to falling partly in Johnson's constituency it is also partly in the constituency of the Great Leader's chief acolyte, John McDonnell.

The outcome in Hillingdon? Labour lost four council seats to the Tories.

So the burning question is: Have we seen Peak Great Leader? Has the Labour personality cult lost its, ahem, momentum?

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Hillingdon was certainly an interesting outcome as in addition to falling partly in Johnson's constituency it is also partly in the constituency of the Great Leader's chief acolyte, John McDonnell.

So the burning question is: Have we seen Peak Great Leader? Has the Labour personality cult lost its, ahem, momentum?
    Yes we have. Corbynism exists in a metropolitan bubble unaware that in the north and midlands the guy is unelectable. MM is a microcosm with raving, MMM, mike, roly et al supporting each others sad delusions.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Yes we have. Corbynism exists in a metropolitan bubble unaware that in the north and midlands the guy is unelectable. MM is a microcosm with raving, MMM, mike, roly et al supporting each others sad delusions.
    It's not delusional to want a fairer place to live in, to work in, to get healthcare from, to have a decent education system.....and that is all that i'm about really, keep on with the bull mate while the country slowly but surely sinks....

Looking at it objectively neither of the two main party's can really cover themselves in glory after the results came in .

Pretty much deadlock and as you were , latest polls if they are to be believed have the Cons on 41% and Labour on 40 .

Nobody can breakout and command the total trust of the electorate it seems .

I'm dissapointed by the results because I know how much goes into these campaigns , people give up their free time and money I may add , although that in itself isn't a reason to expect a favourable result .

How much we can read into council elections is open to debate , very low turnout , 24% in Barnsley although the turnout effects all parties and to be honest the political environment isn't great for either party , an increasing amount of people dislike both parties and the whole system .

Has Corbyn peaked ?

To tell the truth , maybe he has but then again who knows , who can predict anything today , the rule book went out of the window a while back .

There are so many things to come that are going to be massive factors heading forwards and Brexit is only one of them .

All I will say is that massive majorities for either party are a thing of the past , another hung parliament would be more helpful to the tories than labour .

Apart from The Greens nobody will govern with Corbyn , the SNP would but would want another independence referendum and that's not even factoring in the Brexit division .

Corbyn will get a shot at the next election for sure , he'd have to resign for Labour to obtain a new Leader because nobody will beat him at the ballot box .

Makes me smile when people say Corbyn should be 20 points ahead with the performance of the government ,

Yet , May can't trounce an old north london leftie with Diane Abbott at his side either .

6 and two 3's innit .

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    It's not delusional to want a fairer place to live in, to work in, to get healthcare from, to have a decent education system.....and that is all that i'm about really, keep on with the bull mate while the country slowly but surely sinks....
    No it isn't; it's your mechanisms that are delusional not your aims.

No it isn't; it's your mechanisms that are delusional not your aims.
    Mechanisms eh, who'd have thought it...

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Mechanisms eh, who'd have thought it...
    I see very little evidence that you do much thinking at all.

Kerr, you are wasting your time. Despite protestations to the contrary the gang never admit to error. Not so long ago a poster referred to problems in Telford. Mikemiller accused him of peddling unsubstantiated twitter rumours. Roly came on and said "Great post, Mike" and went on to demand the banning of the poster who he feared would upset the many Muslim visitors to MM. When it transpired Mike and roly were wrong they didn't apologise but simply moved on to the next target.
    Never admit to error? Haven't I just admitted a huge error on this very thread? There'll be many others no doubt. An I not part of the gang?? I'm offended!

Possibly it has. There has definitely been a slowing down of interest and energy since the end of last year and in my opinion, a disappointing (although not surprising) outcome of the local elections will further deplete. But then again it's hard to see how the conservatives are going to perceptively improve the lives of enough normal folk in the next couple of years, and if Brexit finally pulls the convervative party apart, and disappoint the large amounts of ukips who have trusted them, a general election, with the cameras back on Corbyn v a very ineffectual campaigner in May, it might still be tory squeeky bum time.

Guess my money is on many more years of conservatism with the same outcomes for normal folk as we've seen in the last 40 years. Doesn't seem to make us very happy though does it?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast