+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - The rock and roll memories of 1973

OT - The rock and roll memories of 1973

Ok Cam mate, seeing as you have said hello to us on Tykesmad tonight, Id like to ask you all on here what your memories are of the glam rock days. Heres a vid about the year of 1973 anyway, does this bring back memories for all of you oldies.

Like all true rock and rollers from those days I can't remember anything. For 8 years I was employed as Head Bouncer by a concert promoter and also served regrettably as bagman and pimp. I gave it up a couple of years into the punk era as the violence got completely out of hand.

Rolling Stones, 1971. Brown Sugar in open G changed guitar playing forever. Although Chuck Berry might say otherwise ;-)
    Last edited by sota; 05-05-2018 at 05:47 AM.

Remember the music and the news as if it were yesterday except I'd forgotten the extent of the IRA bombings/terrorism.

Can't play the video, sorry I didn't realise it involves bombings.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Can't play the video, sorry I didn't realise it involves bombings.
    It's all the music and news from '73 including petrol rationing, the 3 day week and spoon bending!

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    It's all the music and news from '73 including petrol rationing, the 3 day week and spoon bending!
    I was 21 had just got my degree and the world was clearly my oyster. Hadn't realised the evil witch would come along and ruin everything.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    I was 21 had just got my degree and the world was clearly my oyster. Hadn't realised the evil witch would come along and ruin everything.
    Must have been a brave man to make you head bouncer at 21..🤔

Quote Originally Posted by millavanilla View Post
    Must have been a brave man to make you head bouncer at 21..��
    Ah you see this is another example of ignorance manifesting as wisdom on MM. The promoter was himself only 23. The crew ranged in age from 19 to 30. A couple of ex-squaddies were unhappy with my elevation but the promoter explained that I was the only person he could trust not to take back-handers on the door. Why I should make up a tale that probably reflects badly on me only you can know milla? Memories are short on MM. I explained this to davidr9 on here several years back and he was in no doubt as to my veracity.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/When-Rock-w.../dp/1910837113

Milla, assuming you can read it's all in this book. When you've read it you can come back on and apologise to me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast