+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Amber Rudd falls on her sword.....

What a piece of work is ravingdud. he staes above that there was no evidence that Corbyn had seen the mural. This lie is contradicted by... Jeremy Corbyn. When he apologised over the affair he stated "I wish I had looked more closely at the mural..." Now to most people wishing you had looked more closely at something would be entirely incompatible with never having seen something. But not to our raving it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    History of racism Sharkey?

I can see one tweet where she stupidly said "white people love playing divide and rule", generalising on a single occasion the way that many posters on here do all of the time with their own objects of hate.

Careless, stupid but was involved in heated exchange on an issue she has long campaigned on. No excuses though and she apologised.

But you say she "has her own history of racism". Implying that she has on multiple occasions made racist remarks/actions.

Please could you link me to evidence to back up this claim?
    Abbot's history of anti-white racism is well-known. Unless of course for example it was another Diane Abbot who wrote to the Hackney Gazette in 1996 complaining that Homerton Hospital had "employed blonde, blue-eyed girls from Finland instead of nurses from the Carribean who know the language and understand British culture and institutions." Turn that round and raving would be frothing at the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Your comments are laughable. A glance at the mural shows it to be clearly anti-semitic. Ravingdud suggest the great leader and our future PM hadn't bothered to look at the mural before commenting!!! This is disingenuous rubbish: Corbyn's original tweet in support of the artist was not a general defence of free expression but went specifically to the content of the mural and compared it to another controversial mural which had been attacked for portraying Lenin.
    Can you share with me Corbyn's tweet that is commenting specifically on the content of the mural? Or any tweet where Corbyn is directly commenting on the mural itself?

Neither you nor Kerr have provided any evidence for Kerr's claim. Any comments about whether he had specifically seen the mural are purely speculative, guess work, until such evidence can be provided. Kerr should know better than anyone that we need to provide evidence for accusations!

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Abbot's history of anti-white racism is well-known. Unless of course for example it was another Diane Abbot who wrote to the Hackney Gazette in 1996 complaining that Homerton Hospital had "employed blonde, blue-eyed girls from Finland instead of nurses from the Carribean who know the language and understand British culture and institutions." Turn that round and raving would be frothing at the mouth.
    Fair point. Hadn't seen that quote.

I defer to Sharkey.

She is a liability, but then we all know that...

Fair point. Hadn't seen that quote.

I defer to Sharkey.

She is a liability, but then we all know that...
    Once brexit is completed I think Starmer should get the job .

I was initially suspicious of the bloke when he first came to front line opposition but I have to say he's a smart cookie and very astute and adds real value to the top team .

Another rocky day coming up for the PM

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-politics-live

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Why dont you report me ? , you seem to have the issue more than pup .

If you feel so strongly then knock yourself out instead of hiding behind someone else .
    Why on earth would I want to report you? Who Labour has amongst its membership is a matter for the party.

If ragingpup is appreciative of your honesty (although he doesn’t seem to want to say which of your explanations is the honest one) and willing to offer his respect to you for your postings that’s just fine with me and probably an indication of how things would be 'dealt with' by Labour if your posting history was examined by them .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Once brexit is completed I think Starmer should get the job .

I was initially suspicious of the bloke when he first came to front line opposition but I have to say he's a smart cookie and very astute and adds real value to the top team .
    I'll mention your support to him when I see him next.

Can you quote where Corbyn stated his support for the actual mural??

My understanding was that he stated his support for an artist's right to convey their thoughts on the world as they see it through their art. But I'm pretty sure that he did not express his support for that mural. I may have missed something so please link me to evidence where he is supporting it. Otherwise, I'll just have you down as yet another gullible sun reader!
    Your understanding is incorrect, raging. He didn’t state ‘his support for an artist's right to convey their thoughts on the world as they see it through their art’. He saw a piece on Facebook where a graffiti artist talked about plans for the mural in question to be removed and responded with the following: “Why? You are in good company. Rockerfeller destroyed Diego Viera’s mural because it includes a picture of Lenin.”

The reference to Rockefeller was to a mural taken down in New York in 1934.

There’s nothing there about ‘his support for an artist's right to convey their thoughts on the world as they see it through their art’, is there?

So you then move on to ‘At that point there was no evidence that he had seen that mural.’ Well, no there isn’t if you suspend all sense of reason and reality and approach matters upon the basis that The Great Leader is in the habit of mooching around the internet until he comes across the Facebook account of a graffiti artist who is about to have some work taken down and then defends their work without bothering to look at it.

And, of course, there is the ‘apology’ issued by him in which he stated I sincerely regret that I did not look more closely at the image I was commenting on, the contents of which are deeply disturbing and anti-Semitic. I take the words ‘I did not look more closely’, as an admission that he did look at it. Can you think of an alternative interpretation? What is the line that Momentum suggests for when dealing with this issue? Or is that what we got last night?

Let me put it this way - no criminal offence has been committed here but, if a jury had to decide whether The Great Leader saw the mural before posting about it, I’d prefer to be prosecuting rather than defending. And if I were defending, I’d be giving The Great Leader some firm advice about how limited his prospects of success were.

I suppose one of the questions that someone might ask of The Great Leader is when his ‘support for an artist's right to convey their thoughts on the world as they see it through their art’ arose given that he was a speaker at a rally condemning the Danish Mohammed cartoons. A follow up question would be to ask him why he appeared to be happy with art that is offensive to Jews, but not art that is offensive to Muslims. Perhaps you believe that he had an epiphany on the bus one day?

In my job, I sometimes have to advance arguments that I don’t think hold any water at all, so I know what a miserable task that can be. With that being the case, I do feel for you as you to try to hold to the Labour line on mural gate. But given that you tell us that spreading Labour spin and disinformation isn’t your job there must surely come a point where your intellectual self-respect says ‘enough’ isn’t there? I don't have you down as a gullible reader of any particular newspaper, because I don't think anyone of your obvious intelligence could actually believe in the argument that you are trying to make.
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 02-05-2018 at 09:17 PM.

History of racism Sharkey?

I can see one tweet where she stupidly said "white people love playing divide and rule", generalising on a single occasion the way that many posters on here do all of the time with their own objects of hate.

Careless, stupid but was involved in heated exchange on an issue she has long campaigned on. No excuses though and she apologised.

But you say she "has her own history of racism". Implying that she has on multiple occasions made racist remarks/actions.

Please could you link me to evidence to back up this claim?
    I have read that Monty has already answered. As the question was aimed at me I will also mention the comment she made that London shouldn’t have another white middle aged man as mayor.

If you change white to black on any of the three examples given, I would assume that you would consider these to be racist?

As you have said, she is a liability. You can see it, most people on here can see it. I can only imagine that Jeremy Corbyn obviously sees something different which is slightly worrying!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast