+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Last match

Perhaps Sass-davies at CH he did make an appearance in Football League trophy
    Perhaps Lowery in midfield

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    Perhaps Sass-davies at CH he did make an appearance in Football League trophy
    Perhaps Lowery in midfield
    That would work with DA saying no debutants - he did play in the Trophy as you say. Bring the player off the season on at CH for the second half! And you're probably right about Lowery - Wintle can't start I guess as we got him from Alsager at 17.
    Last edited by ShropshireAlex; 04-05-2018 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    That would work with DA saying no debutants - he did play in the Trophy as you say. Bring the player off the season on at CH for the second half! And you're probably right about Lowery - Wintle can't start I guess as we got him from Alsager at 17.
    If we are to name a side full of Academy graduates then that will definitely keep Mike away!. Personally I think it is a positive thing particularly following this week where we have seen 3 Academy lads extend the contracts.

Disappointed with Mike, he doesn't come as it is too cold and now we are forecast a warm day. A chance for him to see the academy products we wouldn't have if we got rid of the academy. Spare a few quid. Another great day as it was 5 years ago. Something for the supporters and club to be proud of.
    I just wish Dario could be there

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    Disappointed with Mike, he doesn't come as it is too cold and now we are forecast a warm day. A chance for him to see the academy products we wouldn't have if we got rid of the academy. Spare a few quid. Another great day as it was 5 years ago. Something for the supporters and club to be proud of.
    I just wish Dario could be there
    Perhaps we should arrange to meet him at the turnstiles, buy him a ticket and an oxo.
    Last edited by jimmyboldon; 04-05-2018 at 05:56 PM.

Here's to the academy eh Mike?

Our future's rosy as long as we stick with the kids.

It's fantastic that Dario's legacy lives on. What an injustice that he is banned from games, come on F.A. get your act together sort this debacle out. Good luck to the lads tomorrow, prove to all these doubting Thomas's that the academy is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by CroutonRouge View Post
    ...... prove to all these doubting Thomas's that the academy is the only way.

Steady!!
    That's the sort of comment that will really fire up the doubters.

Not necessarily the "only" way, but definitely the Crewe way!!
    And that is what we are about after all, and long may it continue.
    I never thought all 3 that hadn't been signed up, would - but the fact that they have, is producing our own such an out-dated policy as some would have us believe??
    I wouldn't have it any other way!!
    COYR!!!

I also recall before the Walsall game how we were mocked by some, including the bookies!!
    If only they had done their homework ....

Gosh, so many mentions, its enough to make me blush, even at my age!

Its enough to make us all proud to be Alex fans and see young players signing big extensions to their contracts who DA has just said they could make a lot of money in wages by moving on now and so I take any comments I have made about them being selfish back and give the three of them a big pat on the back and a big thank you for both restoring their faith in the club and their loyalty in this world of football where money dictates everything.

The club also deserve credit as does the management team and DA just has that down to earth approach and pan-ash that has obviously convinced these players, their parents and their agents that by staying and improving as they surely will by playing games and getting physically stronger they will move onwards and upwards to a decent club one day where player and club will benefit plus the message to the other academy kids and graduates that is indeed the way for them to go too and not dash off to the nearest club..Three year deals are a great move and is a risk for all concerned but having seen all three albeit briefly, they do have some very special qualities that stand out that is surely down to natural ability and not coaching per se! .

I will be with you all in spirit with my ear to the radio and predict a comfortable win 3-1.

I will be visiting my MIL in her care home pm tomorrow and she is 100 years old in Nov...Wow!

ATB

Mike
    Last edited by MikeSB; 04-05-2018 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    ..... they do have some very special qualities that stand out that is surely down to natural ability and not coaching per se! .

Oh Mike, and you were so close as well

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast